Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-14-2021, 08:13 AM   #1
Blood Black
Blood Black began at the beginning.

Device: none (Apple Books desktop)
Version and multiple documents editing

I'm going crazy trying to get my head round editing documents.

I hate the snap-to-whole-screen nonsense. I keep losing track of my main document. I keep switching back to it to copy something from a different document only to find it is an earlier iteration that is still open. I don't like using the dock to manage documents.

I'm sure I'll work things out eventually, and I'll get to love and appreciate the designer and design. Why can't it just use normal window management, and, boy, the onboarding ramp is bumpy.
Blood Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:31 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
You said nothing specific enough nor provided enough details to try to help. Care to try again?

What do you mean by snap-to-whole screen?

If you enabled full screen or maximized the screen on a mac somehow then exit that mode before fully exiting Sigil and that will be remembered. A related bug was fixed in Sigil 1.7 so be sure to update to the latest version of Sigil.

Last edited by KevinH; 09-14-2021 at 09:52 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:53 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Also keep in mind that "main document" doesn't really hold a lot of meaning when dealing with epubs. Nearly all epubs are comprised of multiple "documents."

A bit of knowledge about the epub format and how they're constructed is highly recommended. It would go a long way toward smoothing that onramp a bit.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote