Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-16-2021, 09:11 PM   #1
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Moon+ Reader Pro won't import AZW3

I have some AZW3 files on my Kindle Fire that I'm trying to import into Moon+ Reader Pro. Moon's settings are to allow import of all file types it knows. I tell it to import files. It finds the three AZW3 files I want to import. They all have check marks next to them. Moon says, "Import 3 files?" I tell it to do that, and it comes back with "Imported 0 files".

I have not used Moon+ for AZW3 files before, but have never had any problems importing EPUBs or PDFs.

What am I doing wrong?

p.s. - The AZW3 files are DRM-free.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 10:57 PM   #2
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I downloaded these same three books from my Calibre library, this time in EPUB format, and they imported into Moon+ just fine.

So it's not the specific books. Something about the AZW3 format or the way I have Moon+ configured. But as best I can tell, I have Moon+ configured correctly. It finds the AZW3 files, lists them, offers to import them, doesn't report any error messages ... it just says "Imported 0 files".

I prefer EPUB's anyway - the only reason I had AZW3's initially was because I didn't know how to configure Calibre to download an EPUB version of a book to a Kindle Fire tablet. It always wanted to download the AZW3 version. Now I know how to do what I want in Calibre, so it's kind of moot that Moon+ won't import AZW3's now - I have a workaround. But I'd still like to know what I did wrong because someday I might want to import an AZW3 again.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote