Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-11-2020, 04:20 PM   #31
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
@poire-z reminded me that investigative results are here.

Removing just one of the CSS files from the document may significantly aid performance without affecting looks. They're virtually identical, but of course double the CSS also doubles CSS application time.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:44 AM   #32
SbAgOoTs
SbAgOoTs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
First, thanks for all your efforts to solve this issue!

I made some tests based on your suggestions and I confirm everything you noticed:

1) deleting all the CSS files brought the opening time to around 1 minute;
2) then, excluding any incorporated style (or probably because it's not the first opening...) brought it to some seconds.

Perfect!

As you mentioned in the discussion with poire-z probably the best would be to have an automatic tool cleaning unused, bloated or simply slowing down CSS...

Last edited by SbAgOoTs; 01-13-2020 at 11:38 AM.
SbAgOoTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:45 AM   #33
SbAgOoTs
SbAgOoTs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I forget, was that file ever reduced to a test case?
I don't know what you mean...
SbAgOoTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:40 PM   #34
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
That wasn't really aimed at you specifically.

A problem like this can always be reduced to a smaller testcase. Normally that's for clarity, but in this case it'd also simply be for speed. Cutting out all but the first few Bible books should display the same behavior (including all of the potential performance issues) without taking 20 minutes for analysis.

If I hadn't done that already, it's something that could be worth investigating. But since I'd already done it, it's probably not worth repeating.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote