Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-08-2023, 06:45 PM   #136
frailtyy
frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Looks like the latest version might have a hiccup. Having it crash with a fatal error on Windows 11. Downgraded to 17.0.0 and seems to be fine. Will probably stay put for now.
frailtyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 08:22 PM   #137
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by frailtyy View Post
Looks like the latest version might have a hiccup. Having it crash with a fatal error on Windows 11. Downgraded to 17.0.0 and seems to be fine. Will probably stay put for now.
This is strange.
I don't have Windows 11 here to test it, but the code differences are minimal between these two versions. I'll try to see what could be a cause of crashing.
Any info at the c:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/KOHighlights/error_log_xxxxx.txt that you can PM me?
Also, did you try to reinstall the last version again?
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 06:06 AM   #138
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by frailtyy View Post

Ditto for me on Win 10 Pro 1.71.0 "failed to execute script main" - I actually came here to ask abnout it, saw this post and tried inatalling 1.70.0 - it works fine
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 08:08 AM   #139
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

• Updated to v1.7.2.0
    • This is a Windows only release that fixes the startup problem that v1.7.1.0 introduced.

Really sorry about the delay, but I was kind of busy for some time now..
Old 11-01-2023, 05:46 PM   #140
embryo
Fanatic

Old 01-12-2024, 03:11 PM   #141
embryo
Fanatic

Old 01-13-2024, 09:52 AM   #142
embryo
Fanatic

• Updated to v1.7.5.0
    • Added PySide6 support.
    • "Find in Books" for a highlight was finding the book but did not select the highlight.
Old 02-07-2024, 03:11 PM   #143
embryo
Fanatic

Old 03-22-2024, 02:02 PM   #144
edojan
Enthusiast
edojan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Aura H2O
Thanks for keeping Kohighlights alive! I wonder if you could provide some insights into the following issue:

I run Koreader app on several devices - specifically on Kobo Libra 2, my windows desktop (android version running under WSA emulator), and my android phone.

I read / annotate certain books (epubs) on any and all of these devices and then sync the highlights using Kohighlights. It all works fine, except the page numbering is all over the place after the syncing.
It appears that all devices do page counting in their own way (I am guessing this is because of the very nature of the epub format, as well as the screen size and resolution differences).
As the result when I open the bookmark view the annotations are displayed not in order, but in accordance of page numbers in respective source files.

To illustrate, assume I have the same book loaded on all devices. Chapter 3 on Kobo may start on page 300, while on the Desktop the same chapter may show as starting on page 120, and on the phone reader - on page 480. The synced comments inherit those numbers and create confusion on bookmark sorting page for all three readers.
I wonder if there is a fix or workaround I could use? I wish I could make the page numbering follow a specific device - e.g. Kobo for highlight sequence integrity.
edojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 08:30 PM   #145
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by edojan View Post
It all works fine, except the page numbering is all over the place after the syncing.
It appears that all devices do page counting in their own way (I am guessing this is because of the very nature of the epub format, as well as the screen size and resolution differences).
Yes, you're right. This is a known issue.
It can happen even if you use only one reader.
If you highlight something and then change the font size, the numbering of the pages changes too.
The next highlighting will use the new page number.

There is an ongoing effort from the KOReader developers, to re-structure/re-implement the way the highlights/bookmarks/annotations are stored in the metadata file, and one side-effect might be the re-calculation of the page numbers when the formatting of the page changes.

But unfortunately, this does not solve your problem of synced highlights.
The only workaround I can think of, is to sort the highlights by date.

If you have any other idea, I'm open to suggestions (that don't require the re-writing of the whole program.. )
Old 03-22-2024, 09:48 PM   #146
edojan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post

The only workaround I can think of, is to sort the highlights by date

If you have any other idea, I'm open to suggestions (that don't require the re-writing of the whole program.. )
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, sorting by date won't always help. I often go back in the material already highlighted and make changes / add comments, etc.
As to the ideas, I am not quite sure how this could be accomplished without the Koreader devs. For this to work Koreader should be capable of estimating "absolute" page numbers during the book import / first read. This could use a simple algorithm (similar to how Calibre's page numbering plugin works). The bookmarks would then be tied to the same reference points irrespective of the device. Dreams, dreams....
Old 03-23-2024, 10:26 AM   #147
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by edojan View Post
Dreams, dreams....
Well.. The benevolent KOReader developers might solve it one day..
Old 03-23-2024, 06:38 PM   #148
edojan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
Well.. The benevolent KOReader developers might solve it one day..
Indeed! It appears that things are moving in the right direction.