Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-22-2021, 06:42 PM   #1
pvtSMR
pvtSMR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Question Apparently unique footnote problem

Before you say search the forums or Google, trust me, I have. For about four total hours. I'm finding no one else with the issue I have.

So, I have a Kobo Libra H20 running Koreader. Everything works great except footnotes. I really want the popup footnotes at the bottom, but with only one exception (I'll get to that) when I set it to popup footnotes, I get only the number of the footnote and an otherwise blank box.

If I turn popup footnotes back off, they link to the footnotes section just fine. If I open the same book in Calibre, the popup footnotes work as intended.

I found only one exception (so far), where I was able to take the book into Calibre, convert it from EPUB2 to EPUB3, reload it to the Libra, and then the footnotes appeared. But when I tried that with the other book I am reading with footnotes, I still got the blank boxes.

Both of these books are purchased books that I have stripped the DRM from, and have a .kepub.epub filetype (purchase from Kobo). I did try dropping the .kepub part, but that didn't change anything, either.

I am utterly at a loss. I have not been able to find this mentioned anywhere. If anyone has any ideas, I'm willing to try! I'm no programmer, but I can copy and paste code if you're clear about where it goes, and I'm relatively proficient with Calibre.

pvtSMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:14 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
We're going to have to see the code to tell you more .

(If you're unsure/unable to produce a minimal test case, just run the book through the Scramble plugin ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2021, 07:24 PM   #3
pvtSMR

Scrambling I can do!

Here's the two scrambled (and renamed) books.
Attached Files
File Type: epub working footnotes book scrambled.epub (1.60 MB, 14 views)
File Type: epub not working footnotes book scrambled.epub (1.47 MB, 15 views)
Old 01-23-2021, 03:01 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Please see https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-766159951
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:30 PM   #5
pvtSMR

That's fantastic! Thank you so much! I will make sure to write that down somewhere so I can fix any other books with this same problem in the future.

Advert