Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-17-2021, 02:00 PM   #1081
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by trefoil View Post
Any suggestions for getting a Kindle 5th generation (w/o touch) running? I just want a simple reader where I can do wifi to send files. Koreader is working on it, but I'm having trouble with the network and the keyboard entry. The network is connected enough to do an auto update with koreader, but even still, the network info says "gateway ping failed" and calibre never connects. Plus, I can't enter the calibre address manually, since every time i finish entering the ip, I can't get the keyboard to work again for the port number, so I end up cancelling the dialog. Incidentally, the ssh-server on koreader works, as I was able to log into the kindle from the same machine running the calibre server. Also, if I tell koreader to connect calibre with auto wireless settings, it always asks me if I want to turn on wifi, even when wifi is already on.
No idea about the network stuff on the Kindle. If the network works fine (as your SSH connection shows) might be the code that checks that you're currently connected the thing that fails.

About Non-Touch issues. Yeah. Some widgets don't work. Since modern eink devices are all touch nobody is trying to fix that as far as I know. Patches welcome.

You can edit settings.reader.lua from SSH and add something like:

Code:
["calibre_wireless_url"] = {
    ["address"] = "192.168.1.1",
    ["port"] = 9090,
},
The same with the password

Code:
["calibre_wireless_password"] = "mySuperSecretPassword",
and with the path to download

Code:
["inbox_dir"] = "/mnt/us/documents/wewewe",

Last edited by pazos; 02-17-2021 at 02:05 PM.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 09:31 PM   #1082
trefoil
trefoil began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1
Thanks for the suggestions. I can certainly do the edits via ssh.

I guess that I'll have to look in the dhcp files to see why the gateway isn't happening...
trefoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM   #1083
trefoil
trefoil began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1
K4 Silver w/Koreader best solution

After some experimentation, I discovered the best solution to the glitches. I can use SCP to copy documents over from my windows laptop via WIFI and then easily view them in Koreader, so Calibre wasn't the only way to send files. The windows interface on the SCP is good enough to make practical. At least now there is no more a need to plug and unplug the kindle just to put a file on it. That was the main goal!
trefoil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch