Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-13-2021, 12:40 PM   #376
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Went for the Kobo Forma. The shop only had two in stock. First had that damn hard power button. Second was perfect. Lucky me.

Thanks all!!

Last edited by Anghirrim; 01-13-2021 at 12:43 PM.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:28 PM   #377
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The power button is pretty firm by design, given its location .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:37 PM   #378
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The power button is pretty firm by design, given its location .
Yeah, the first one was pretty impossible to trigger. Second was still firm, but at least manageable. I guess this has to do with the position and the waterproof certification.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:34 PM   #379
melksnor
Goodest E-Reader
melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 500 / Kindle 5th / Kindle PW4
How do I restore KOReaders default settings? Should I just download the zip again and copy over the existing koreader directory?

Somehow hold-presses are no longer bringing up the dictionary, and the file browser is also a bit wonky, for most folders it says there are items, but when I navigate in them, there's nothing there.
melksnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:49 PM   #380
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Copying over the existing directory will keep your settings. You'd either have to delete it completely, or only delete reader.settings.lua and the settings subdirectory. That being said, take a look in settings → highlight action to see what it's set to first.

Quote:
the file browser is also a bit wonky, for most folders it says there are items, but when I navigate in them, there's nothing there.
The system doesn't dive into subdirectories for performance reasons, so it's arguably better not to list any number at all. The number of items is all that can be known more or less for free, not whether they can be opened.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:59 PM   #381
melksnor
Goodest E-Reader
melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 500 / Kindle 5th / Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by melksnor View Post
How do I restore KOReaders default settings? Should I just download the zip again and copy over the existing koreader directory?

Somehow hold-presses are no longer bringing up the dictionary, and the file browser is also a bit wonky, for most folders it says there are items, but when I navigate in them, there's nothing there.
Found my answer, mostly:

1) You can reinstall from kual > koreader > tools
2) however, the setting was not a koreader global setting, but a book setting: I had set highlight_disabled = true. I thought that would just disable creating highlights, but it disables dictionary as well. Koreader saves lua files next to the book file.
3) I think the library not showing the books is because they are awz3 files
melksnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:19 PM   #382
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
On my PB631 I observe a very mildly annoying behaviour of koreader - If the reader is turned on with "open last book" tagged, and the last book was opened by koreader, then koreader opens without refreshing the screen, giving rise to bad ghosting. Only in this case ghosting ever gets to a level which at all bothers me; and anyway one forced page refresh just restores the rendering as it should.

I've opened a ticket at https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/7164 .

Out of curiosity, any other PB owner observes anything the like? I.e. is it a poor waveform tuning on my specific reader, a problem with 631 (as I recall from work of the past months, low level calls required a set of quirks before they worked reliably on its specific kernel), or a more general problem of KoR on PBs?
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 12:48 PM   #383
soulafein
Enthusiast
soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hi. Does it work on Pocketbook 614 (Basic 2) ?
soulafein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 01:11 PM   #384
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It looks like it should: https://github.com/koreader/koreader....lua#L414-L422
Old 04-24-2021, 01:15 PM   #385
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Hallo to all of you guys and especially to developers of this magnificent Koreader app for our beloved Pocketbook devices

I think that many people are reading scanned PDF files which contain only images, without any embeded text layers or something similar. This type of files cannot be anotatted in any way that I can remember.

Default ebook reading app on Pocketbook is very limited, and slow , very slow, but have this functionality of adding small handwriting like gestures that can underline or mark text, and you can also attach small text comments to any scribbled line you enter in PDF.

I think many people are looking for this functionality. Koreader has many, many awesome features, comples gesture system, but I think lacks this very needed functionality for productive usage of scanned documents. What do you think guys?

Big cheers to developers

Last edited by VladimirS; 04-24-2021 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Typing errors.
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:53 PM   #386
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirS View Post
I think that many people are reading scanned PDF files which contain only images, without any embeded text layers or something similar. This type of files cannot be anotatted in any way that I can remember.
You can select the text the same way as if there were a text layer actually. Results will probably be better with OCR.
Old 04-24-2021, 02:39 PM   #387
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh , I am very sorry, I was stupid .... I did not even try because I thought that if there is no text, no OCR layer , just photo ...

I feel like some sort of hand scribble , hand underlining, small short annotations are very convenient, like with real book...It is allmost natural do do this.... I realise that maybe it is big rewrite of whole code thing to accoplish this, I suppose....

Latest firmware updates of Pocketbook made very promissing and smooth hanwriting experience, with very accurate and allmost no-lag gestures...Default reading app uses this and it is very usable.

Last edited by VladimirS; 04-24-2021 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Adding ideas...
Old 04-25-2021, 07:15 AM   #388
Frenzie
Wizard

Right, the detection of what looks like text blocks and performing OCR on it is built-in. It's possible on the slow CPUs in these devices because it only performs OCR on the area you select.

Scribbled notes, I don't know how much of a rewrite would be involved, but in any case a whole lot of a write.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:11 AM   #389
VladimirS
Connoisseur

Thanks Frenzie You work is awesome! Thank you for all effort!
Old 05-25-2021, 03:47 PM   #390
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Local update fails on Touch HD3

Since the May update, when I do the OTA update on my Touch HD3, KOReader first tries to read a local package. It displays the message "Preparing local OTA package" at the bottom and when that fails, I get "Failed to update KOReader". When I press retry, only then does it download the OTA package from the download server.

This has happened with all the May nightlies so far and only on the Touch HD3, not on my two Inkpads 3. I don't remember doing anything different with that device. I always update via OTA, not via PC.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pb742, pdf, pocketbook