Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2013, 04:36 AM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Any nice cover?

Any recommendations for a cover or case for the new Kobo Aura? Koba hasn't made any yet.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
Any recommendations for a cover or case for the new Kobo Aura? Koba hasn't made any yet.
Ebay may have some slim fit covers for the Kobo Aura.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Ebay may have some slim fit covers for the Kobo Aura.

regards

Jack
I've been checking eBay everyday, nothing so far; all I'm turning up are covers for the HD or generic covers for multiple types of ereaders. I'm really hoping to find a nice sleep cover for mine.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
I've been checking eBay everyday, nothing so far; all I'm turning up are covers for the HD or generic covers for multiple types of ereaders. I'm really hoping to find a nice sleep cover for mine.
Yeah did check that just now your right so far all I see is the HD covers. They will come though it may just take a couple weeks.

regards

Jack
Old 10-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Yeah did check that just now your right so far all I see is the HD covers. They will come though it may just take a couple weeks.

regards

Jack
Yeah, I seem to recall it took two months or so for there to be aftermarket HD covers so I'm trying to be patient. It's hard though!
Advert
Old 10-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Yeah, I seem to recall it took two months or so for there to be aftermarket HD covers so I'm trying to be patient. It's hard though!
Almost as hard as waiting for the latest firmware to trickle down. I checked amazon too just now same results.

regards

JAck
Old 10-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #7
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
I'm waiting for the ebay covers too, although I have just heard from Gecko that their slimfit covers for the Aura will be available in 6 weeks. Hopefully the ebay ones will show up sooner as they will be a lot cheaper, have more colour choice, and probably lighter as well.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
I'm waiting for the ebay covers too, although I have just heard from Gecko that their slimfit covers for the Aura will be available in 6 weeks. Hopefully the ebay ones will show up sooner as they will be a lot cheaper, have more colour choice, and probably lighter as well.
Oddly their gecko slim fit covers are the same style as the ones on Ebay for the Aura HD with the exception of color and embossed logo.

regards

Jack
Old 10-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #9
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
I've just got a reply from a seller of these covers, who told me they will have them for the new Aura in about two weeks!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #10
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I've just got a reply from a seller of these covers, who told me they will have them for the new Aura in about two weeks!
That's great news, now to decide which colour I'm going to order. I had a purple one on my PW1, might have a change this time though.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #11
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Hey thanks for the heads up, on this I guess we will al be watching!

regards

Jack
Old 10-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #12
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Quote:
That's great news! Hopefully a seller with free shipping to/in the US will be along shortly; I just need to decide between red and turquoise in the meantime.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:54 AM   #13
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
glad I could help - I desperately want one myself, as I am getting an Aura for my husband who is used to put his existing reader in his jeans backpocket, but I am not confident the Aura will like this...
It is good these covers are coming soon (if they keep their word!), as it will ut pressure on more producers to come out with theirs.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #14
spino
spino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Well, here in italy i bought Aura and original (and expansive) Sleepcover at the same day...
spino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #15
kingjain
Enthusiast
kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo Aura
Just ordered one of these http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...424461216.html
kingjain is offline   Reply With Quote