Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-21-2020, 07:16 PM   #1
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
WiFi behavior in KOReader 2020.08

I know there were some changes to wifi in latest release, but i have some unwanted behavior that im not sure if its a bug or a "feature".
Every time i open a book wifi displays the connection dialog and automatically connects. If i turn it off while in the book and press sleep button it again shows the connection dialog before it goes to sleep, and when after that i wake it up from sleep it yet again displays the dialog and connects to wifi.
When in main menu it doesnt do this.
Options i have checked are "When off:turn on" and "When done: turn off".
99% of the time i dont use wifi, and i need it only to automatically connect when upgrading koreader or starting opds, ftp client and similar plugins(like it was giving the prompt in previous version), or if this is not posible then disable auto connect altogether for which i cant seem to find a option to check.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by ReaLx3m; 08-21-2020 at 07:33 PM.
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:56 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It's been fixed in current nightlies .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 04:22 AM   #3
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
It's been fixed in current nightlies .
Thats great to hear.
Btw, are you taking example from current events with Adobe? - https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/20/2...resets-deleted
:P
Thankfully not that serious of an issue, but annoying non the less.
Just noticed that the update also deleted my favourites. Didnt have that many and ill recover easily, but it might be big deal for people that were making that list for years.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:52 AM   #4
elvvis
elvvis began at the beginning.

Device: PW4, tolino epos 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaLx3m View Post
Just noticed that the update also deleted my favourites. Didnt have that many and ill recover easily, but it might be big deal for people that were making that list for years.

The favourites have not been deleted, when called up via a gesture only an empty page is called up, but the favourites can still be reached via the menu. This has been fixed in the current nightlys.
elvvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 05:14 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaLx3m View Post
Thats great to hear.
Btw, are you taking example from current events with Adobe? - https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/20/2...resets-deleted
:P
Thankfully not that serious of an issue, but annoying non the less.
Two years with no backup. I do not feel sorry for these people who do not have any backups.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 04:44 PM   #6
ReaLx3m
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvvis View Post
The favourites have not been deleted, when called up via a gesture only an empty page is called up, but the favourites can still be reached via the menu. This has been fixed in the current nightlys.
Checks out, update to 2020.08.1 fixed favorites too.