Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-17-2018, 04:43 PM   #1
AlexKidd
Enthusiast
AlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox 60, Onyx Boox Max Carta, Wexler Flex One
questions about new e-ink app store

Waiting for version 1.9.1 for older models, I'm looking about new features on latest firmware.
I have known that the google play app store has been replaced with another solution, an e-ink app store.

I want to know something more about this. What app are available on this new repository ? Is it browsable from a web browser? Is again possible to install 3rd party app from an apk file?
AlexKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:30 PM   #2
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Device: linux desktop
Running 1.9.1 on the Max2 and I hadn't even noticed there was a new App Store available in the list till you mentioned it. The standard Google Play store is still there and fully functional. The Boox App Store has 29 apps in it: Dropbox, Kindle, OneNote, and a number of Chinese-language ones.

The apps (I tried OneNote) don't seem to be optimized or altered in any way.
eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2018, 03:34 AM   #3
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
play store never went anywhere, is still there and will be

onyx app store is just the most common apps that people use there.

you still can install apk as you can do it on any android device.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 04:01 PM   #4
AlexKidd
Enthusiast
AlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox 60, Onyx Boox Max Carta, Wexler Flex One
I'm not sure about the Google Play app future, update for old models don't include it

see it: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=73
AlexKidd is offline   Reply With Quote