Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-20-2017, 03:29 PM   #1
mb2u
Enthusiast
mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo Touch and Mini
Organization from a computer: Possible?

Moving and organizing things on the Kindle DX is a pain to the extreme. Everything goes at a snail's pace. Imagine reorganizing 50 books into different Collections. What fun.

Is there any way of doing this intelligently, on a computer? Open the Kindle on the computer, and somehow create a Collection or folder that would be interpreted as a Collection by this device?

If not and Amazon insists on living in the last century, has anyone built a different OS for the Kindle? Something relevant to our present century?

Also, is it possible to have Collections display alphabetically? I can make the books display alphabetically but the Collections only seems to display by read order. I thought I did this before.
mb2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb2u View Post
Moving and organizing things on the Kindle DX is a pain to the extreme. Everything goes at a snail's pace. Imagine reorganizing 50 books into different Collections. What fun.

Is there any way of doing this intelligently, on a computer? Open the Kindle on the computer, and somehow create a Collection or folder that would be interpreted as a Collection by this device?

If not and Amazon insists on living in the last century, has anyone built a different OS for the Kindle? Something relevant to our present century?

Also, is it possible to have Collections display alphabetically? I can make the books display alphabetically but the Collections only seems to display by read order. I thought I did this before.
I don't know the answer but read on:

I will trade you. I will organize yours if you come organize 50 of my physical cookbooks.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I don't know the answer but read on:

I will trade you. I will organize yours if you come organize 50 of my physical cookbooks.
Organizing your cookbooks is easy. Toss the ones that have no chocolate chip cookie recopies and organize the remaining alphabetical by the name of the book. Easy really.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is no way to have the computer help you organize collections on a Kindle DX.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:36 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Organizing your cookbooks is easy. Toss the ones that have no chocolate chip cookie recopies and organize the remaining alphabetical by the name of the book. Easy really.
Come on over and do that please.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2017, 05:15 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Come on over and do that please.
Bring them over and I'll be happy to organize.

Tags
kindle, organization, organizing