Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #1
inthecolonies
inthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini
Editing the config file to lengthen shut down timeframe

Hello all, was hoping for some guidance. I’ve read that if you edit the number of minutes for shutting down in the Kobo config file, you can adjust the time your Kobo will take to go from sleep to turning itself off.

I have the Clara HD and would like this set to something like 36 or 48 hours. I changed the number in the config file from 60 to 2880 (=48 hrs) and then saved the file and ejected my Kobo. However, nothing has changed, in the settings, the Kobo still only shows max shut down time as 60 mins. Any thoughts on how to proceed?
inthecolonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #2
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
You have the "Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts" libnickel patch.
Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:53 AM   #3
jlemonde
Enthusiast
jlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Clara HD
It's been a thousand of times I hear about patches (I would like to install this one you talk about), but I've never got a good comprehension about them.

Could someone explain me where I find them and how I can possibly install them (on Kobo Clara HD)? Everything I find seems outdated.

Thank you in advance!
jlemonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:12 AM   #4
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlemonde View Post
Could someone explain me where I find them and how I can possibly install them (on Kobo Clara HD)? Everything I find seems outdated.
I think you can find all you need here. Anyway, there you can write your doubts, questions...
Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:19 PM   #5
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
In this case editing the config file actually works better than installing the patch. The patch only gets you a maximum of 4 hours until shut down. If you edit the config file, you get about 24 hours. I've been experimenting with different times (36, 40, 48, 50 hours) and they all seem to give a shut down time of around 24 hours.

I think the only step you are missing after editing and saving the config file is to restart your device for it to see the new settings.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:48 PM   #6
inthecolonies
inthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini
Thanks for the input, Mrs Often. I’ve tried again with 36 hours (in minutes) and so far so good!
inthecolonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:54 PM   #7
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
You're welcome!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clara hd