Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: With ComfortLight turned on and low light setting, do you notice colored blotches?
Yes, green blotches from bottom center 20 15.15%
Yes, green blotches from bottom right 22 16.67%
Yes, green blotches from bottom left 18 13.64%
Yes, different location 10 7.58%
No 80 60.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2018, 06:24 PM   #91
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
I sent back 3 units to the same online store, at the end they gave me my money back and didn't want me to buy an aura one anymore.

I feel like focusing on a less problematic model (the inkpad 3 seems to have no problem + it's easier to integrate an alternative reader for pdf, or h2o2 if smaller is fine) is better than planning to sent it back until you find a correct one, if you really want to avoid uneven lighting... (unless they fixed it; I gave up at the fourth unit, and that was months ago)

Good luck!
Thank you for your reply. I won't be purchasing one, I have held out this long so I'm not giving in now. I was mainly wondering how many people were sending them back to Kobo as I know they aren't known for their customer service. I was surprised how some people have been able to return a few of them. I'm hoping they release a version 2 of the Aura One that has less problems. I really wanted one when they first came out, for the larger size and the comfort light, but I'm very sensitive to color changes so I had to rule it out.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #92
Hamfe
Hamfe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Got my Aura One yesterday and will be sending it back for a replacement Monday.

Like many others, the one I got have uneven natural light when brightness is low and natural light is high. Not as bad as some of the earlier posters, but enough to deem unacceptable. It's really a shame as everything else about the device is perfect: The normal background light is very good and well distributed, it has the perfect screen size (for me), it's light, surprisingly fast, it's well build - all except the natural light, of course..

Looking forward to see how many replacements I have to go through.. Luckily I bought through a good online store that will take care of the communication with Kobo customer service.
Hamfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:50 AM   #93
TheAsh
TheAsh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One LE
I just bought a LE for 250 dollars and can confirm that the issue is still present on those models as well. At 1% backlight and 70% or more natural light setting, the bottom corners turn greenish. Kobo claims its returnable for a year. I hope so, because I live in Israel and have no way to return it to them.

I opened a paypal complaint with Kobo for a partial refund (canada site). Does anyone have experience with that? Do you get good results?
TheAsh is offline   Reply With Quote