Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-17-2018, 07:16 AM   #196
Kirek50
Kirek50 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3, TouchLux 3, Nook STGL
Boyue T80 - need help

I recently bought a Boyue T80 e-reader from China and I have a lot of problems with it. First of all, it hangs during reading (using all available applications -CoolReader. FReader, FB Reader, Moon etc.). It happens that it will restart.
Compilation v1.0.0-2017010614
As a system language, I use Polish.

I have a great request for help. Are there any patches for this firmware? Is there another, alternative firmware? Maybe there are some configuration methods to eliminate or limit hangs?

I will be grateful for every help and hints.
Kirek50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:05 AM   #197
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
Kirek50, Can try firmware Gonyx to inkBOOK 8 (T80)
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...73C0EB037CE1E2

Last edited by FOV; 01-20-2018 at 05:36 AM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:21 AM   #198
Kirek50

Hmmmm... "You are about to follow an offsite link: https://www.4shared.com/folder/vP3accJa/Boyue.html"
Old 01-24-2018, 09:56 AM   #199
Kirek50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
Kirek50, Can try firmware Gonyx to inkBOOK 8 (T80)
Now the link is OK. Could you write something more about the firmware and installation method?
Old 08-08-2018, 06:14 PM   #200
Amnesiac
Amnesiac began at the beginning.

Device: Nook glowlight, Boyue T62+D, Kobo aura 1, Yota2, HiSense A6
Anyone have this firmware still?

Just wondering if any of the firmware is available still? I can't get any of the links in here to work.

Thanks.

A.
Amnesiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:08 PM   #201
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Updated link
Old 08-10-2018, 09:08 AM   #202
Amnesiac
Amnesiac began at the beginning.

Device: Nook glowlight, Boyue T62+D, Kobo aura 1, Yota2, HiSense A6
Thanks for your help.

:-)

For anyone else having difficulty with the new links, it seems that on my Mac at least, the .aspx for
http://www.boyue.com/category.aspx?nid=33
http://www.boyue.com/category.aspx?nid=34
http://www.boyue.com/category.aspx?nid=35
http://www.boyue.com/category.aspx?nid=46

All resolve to http://m.boyue.com/wap.aspx, on both Safari and Firefox. I've not got Chrome so I didn't try that.

They all work on Edge on Win10, so I've manage to find (& download for my T62D) firmware for T-61,62 & 80, for the T63 there doesn't appear to be anything on the boyue page, and
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...i1oUTg4ck5kUlE
gives a page error
Amnesiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:18 AM   #203
Avi Wadhwa
Avi Wadhwa began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Pro HD
Hello all. I've tried installing the relevant ROM for my Energy Sistem Pro HD, but it just bricks and I need to restore to the backup. Help? And anyone, are the inkbook Obsidian ROMs better than the default Energy Pro HD firmware?
Avi Wadhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:02 PM   #204
endemion06463
Enthusiast
endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook P78
I'm trying to put this Gonyx firmware on my T62D but how am I supposed to do it anno 2019?

If I understand correctly I have to use RKBatchTool coming from the stock firmware (although I've used kingroot on the device).

So if I try to follow the instructions (PDF in the OP).
- http://www.energysistem.com/es/support doesn't exist anymore.
- RK Batch Tool v1.7, well I found 1.8 in the "Cloud" that should be fine right? Confirmed
- RK Driver Assistant, don't know where I would find that (I do have ADB stuff installed I think). Had to use the tool found here.
- "FW eReader XXXX vX.X.X.bin”, that will be the FIRMWARE file to reinstall on your device"? The Gonyx firmware I've downloaded from the cloud is in .img format. It works fine with .img files.

edit
So as no one seems to be willing to respond to my questions I set out to try on my own. I succeeded in installing the Gonyx firmware but it turns out to be in Russian. And apparently there was a choice at the start to chose a layout which I didn't understand as it was in Russian » I picked the wrong one, can I even change the language somewhere? I probably end up going back to the original firmware, right now I can't really do anything with it.

edit
I accidentally set it to English so I can do some things now the auto refresh is annoying and settings wise I can't find anything that would help in this regard.

Last edited by endemion06463; 04-28-2019 at 09:09 AM.
endemion06463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:47 AM   #205
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Is there any (as in official or Gonyx) firmware you can switch to English? I want to reflash my T63 before I sell it, but don't want to accidentally flash it with Chinese-only or Russian-only firmware.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 06:09 AM   #206
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
There are so many T63 variants out there that I would not recommend to flash this without exactly knowing what you are doing and without having made a backup of all partitions. I forgot the backup and now I can't find a way to revitalize my T63 (Icarus E654BK).
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:57 PM   #207
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

I'm looking for the English firmware for the Boyue T63 JDRead specifically.

Is there anything newer than what came with the device?
Old 05-08-2019, 04:21 AM   #208
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Look at this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...96&postcount=4
Though the downloadlinks are broken, you can see that there are different T63 Jdread models. You need to give more details (including your firmware version and an answer to the question did you make a backup of all partitions).
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:03 AM   #209
FOV
Connoisseur

For books Boyue T62D and Boyue T62E gathered beta Gonyx version 183b2 markup S6mD1g.
All third-party apps, including Google store, will only work after you enable third-party app support in power management settings.
In version 183b2 - made an attempt to remove the message: "Non Onyx models, can't enter the normal system" - which could block the work Onyx launcher.

Last edited by FOV; 08-20-2019 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:57 PM   #210
stangri
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Look at this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...96&postcount=4
Though the downloadlinks are broken, you can see that there are different T63 Jdread models. You need to give more details (including your firmware version and an answer to the question did you make a backup of all partitions).
Thanks for the link.

The serial of my T63 is T63AH1606XXXXX, so it's a pre-Dec'16 production and is T63-TC1 apparently.

For the backup, I don't have an access to a Windows computer but I'm pretty handy with Linux and command line. Can you link to a thread explaining how can I back up (and restore) the partitions thru ADB/fastboot?

Finally, is there an English-capable firmware available for my model of T63? Because if there isn't, why would I need to back up all partitions?

Thanks!