Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 03:15 AM   #1
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Are those cover clips available anywhere?

I'm a leathercrafter, and I'd like to make myself a custom tooled leather cover for my PRS-505. The big problem, of course, is how to affix the 505 to its new cover. I've seen solutions that involve elastic straps across the corners and that kind of thing, but I as one of the features I want to build into it is a pocket in the back (behind the device) to store spare SD cards, it needs to retain the hinged nature of the original vinyl cover. I've sent several fruitless emails to Sony, all of which were answered by people with minimal knowledge of English (or customer service) who mostly told me to go read the website. Which, of course, I'd already done before I started trying to get somewhere with Sony.

So ... does anyone know if there is a source of, or an adequate substitute for, those plastic spinal clips that hold 505s into their covers? Or, for that matter, is there anyone out there who has upgraded to a fancier cover who would be willing to sell me their old "stock" cover for a reasonable price, so that I could cannibalize its clip?

I don't want this thing to be any bulkier (or more complicated to construct) than it has to be, so the option of attaching the 505 to sort of a central page, hinging away from the SD card compartment, really doesn't appeal to me. Every idea I come up with seems to be more awkward than the last. The leatherwork itself is going to add some bulk, and I'm trying to do this without converting my nice thin little 505 to something resembling a dictionary!

So I'm all eyes if someone has any ideas.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #2
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
I have a brown cover I can let you have. Message me if you're interested. =)

Last edited by pendragginp; 04-07-2010 at 08:39 AM.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert