Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 04:41 AM   #16
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I can't agree with you. By the time you've paid shipping and VAT, you'll probably end up paying pretty much the same as if you'd bought locally. Plus there's the fact that with many manufacturers, if you buy from a different country you are, in essense, buying without a warranty. It's just not worth it.
Well I'm in Australia and I bought my Pocket Pro from the US. As I stated above, I did not have to pay anything addtionally to my purchase other than the shipping charges. No extra taxes or fees as you get slugged with in the UK so for me I still saved a fair bit of money. And I do have a warantee with my PP... not sure why people think they wouldn't have one...

Anyway, as I said above, for all people it wouldn't be cheaper but if you're in Australia it is. I didn't realize that people in the UK (or other countries) got slugged with extra fees for buying internationally.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote