Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
cavi
Connoisseur
cavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enough

Device: prs600
Best protective cover for ipad2

I just got my ipad2 and while I like the cover it really does not protect much ar all, I liked apples cover from my iPad 1. What is the better protection cover
cavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
OtterBox Defender

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 01:11 AM   #3
4nefertiti
Enthusiast
4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS900 (daily edition), blackberry
Leather cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavi View Post
I just got my ipad2 and while I like the cover it really does not protect much ar all, I liked apples cover from my iPad 1. What is the better protection cover
I found a nice leather cover sold under the names AYL and Yoobao (got it from amazon). Keeps the slim form factor of the iPad 2 and looks like the original cover for the iPad. Comes in black, brown, red and many different styles.
4nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:56 AM   #4
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
I have this one from Yoobao and absolutely love it! There is nothing about it that I would change. It even smells great, plus I thought that the lining would be synthetic, but it's not, it's suede.

SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:46 AM   #5
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I have this one from Yoobao and absolutely love it! There is nothing about it that I would change. It even smells great, plus I thought that the lining would be synthetic, but it's not, it's suede.

Do you happen to know if the ipad2 fits in the yoobao case for the ipad1? I looked this cover up on amazon.ca, and they don't seem to have a yoobao cover made specifically for the iPad2. I've been trying to decide on a cover for a week now, to no avail. I almost picked up the Smart cover to be used in conjunction with a netbook pouch when tossed in my bag.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 05:01 AM   #6
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Do you happen to know if the ipad2 fits in the yoobao case for the ipad1? I looked this cover up on amazon.ca, and they don't seem to have a yoobao cover made specifically for the iPad2. I've been trying to decide on a cover for a week now, to no avail. I almost picked up the Smart cover to be used in conjunction with a netbook pouch when tossed in my bag.
I don't think this case would fit the iPad 2 well. It has a really snug fit around the corners of the iPad. If you look closely, you can see that the corners don't wrap onto the screen. The metal around the edges is visible even where the case grasps the iPad. It also fits the body like well fitted leather gloves. I think the additional thickness of the case would probably be just a tiny bit irritating. Yoobao does make one for the iPad 2. It's the only one I've seen by them thus far and it includes the wake up feature with the magnets. They seem to sell them under different names on Amazon.com. This one says Pyrus, and I bought mine from BearMotion but they all have Yoobao embossed on the front. Perhaps they are the importers.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #7
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
I would suggest you go over to the site: www.macrumors.com and go to the forum tab, and pick the ipad accessories link down the list and you will have more information than you care for. Probably make you unable to choose due to all the info on various ipad2 cases in all styles and price ranges
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #8
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I've been trying to decide on a cover for a week now, to no avail. I almost picked up the Smart cover to be used in conjunction with a netbook pouch when tossed in my bag.
I had almost decided on that solution, too, when I read the comments on the new smart cover at Apple's US online store - apparently it has a tendency to snap open while in upright position, the snap-on magnet slides off and can scratch the case, etc. - so I've been looking elsewhere. The Yoobao case looks nice, I wonder if I can get it here in Europe. I've been looking at Noreve's cover (model B) too, but it's so expensive. But then, so is buying from outside EU. Saw a nice one in a shop today, but they wouldn't let me try it on the iPad so I didn't buy it.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:47 PM   #9
yankgirl
Connoisseur
yankgirl is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, iPad 2, PPP(purple pocket pro) Nook Tablet, K4 & Kindle Fire!
I just got the Casecrown Bold for my iPad2. I love it. It protects the back as well as has the same auto off feature like Apple's smart cover. I also had a 15% off coupon - enjoy15off. Not sure if it still works, but worth a try. Got mine in 3 days with priority mail.

http://www.casecrown.com/ipad2/bold-...andby-case-red

HTH!
yankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #10
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankgirl View Post
I just got the Casecrown Bold for my iPad2. I love it. It protects the back as well as has the same auto off feature like Apple's smart cover. I also had a 15% off coupon - enjoy15off. Not sure if it still works, but worth a try. Got mine in 3 days with priority mail.

http://www.casecrown.com/ipad2/bold-...andby-case-red

HTH!
Nice!

I ended up getting the light blue smart cover, and a $2 neoprene case from the dollar store. I am liking the smart cover so far, I will likely keep it.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #11
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
I have an Encase for Ipad 2...29.00 bucks at BestBuy...Nice leather, decent price and it protects....
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:44 AM   #12
spirit_wolf
_^^~
spirit_wolf is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad 2, PRS-505, PRS-600
Thanks SolRaven for posting pictures and also 4nefertiti for mentioning the Yoobao slim leather case. Like LatinandGreek, I searched a little each day for more than a week and kept coming up empty. The Yoobao case including the color in SolRaven's post matches almost perfectly what I imagined before my iPad 2 even arrived.

Now that the chemical smell has dissipated (it takes several days), I'm quite happy with it overall.
spirit_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:13 AM   #13
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit_wolf View Post
Thanks SolRaven for posting pictures and also 4nefertiti for mentioning the Yoobao slim leather case. Like LatinandGreek, I searched a little each day for more than a week and kept coming up empty. The Yoobao case including the color in SolRaven's post matches almost perfectly what I imagined before my iPad 2 even arrived.

Now that the chemical smell has dissipated (it takes several days), I'm quite happy with it overall.
I've read that some of the Yoobao cases had a weird chemical smell. Thankfully, mine smelled like brand new leather shoes. Perhaps they used different types of glue. ??
Old 04-30-2011, 09:53 PM   #14
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
I went to Home Depot and got a bunch of those square metal covers that go on electrical boxes. I taped them together (with a gap in between) to make a cover and then taped it on my iPad. Because of the gap between them they will "roll up" to make a "stand" just like the new Apple covers.

Of course, this home made steel cover adds about a pound to the weight, but there's nothing like heavy metal protection. And my cover is UL approved!
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:11 AM   #15
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
I went to Home Depot and got a bunch of those square metal covers that go on electrical boxes. I taped them together (with a gap in between) to make a cover and then taped it on my iPad. Because of the gap between them they will "roll up" to make a "stand" just like the new Apple covers.
Photo! (Sorry, but I can't imagine what those square metal covers look like ... )
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote