Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2013, 04:02 AM   #1246
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickx View Post
How do you download from.. hxxp://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=2721106744&uk=4096961464&third=15
you can try with this link as described here:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled picture.png
Views:	621
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	110181
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #1247
Nickx
Nickx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 Wifi+3G, Kindle PW Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
you can try with this link as described here:
Attachment 110181
Download doesn't start .
Nickx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #1248
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Download doesn't start .
worked for me.

you can download here.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #1249
Nickx

Quote:
worked for me.

you can download here.
Zip is empty when downloaded on 3 different browsers. The internet just doesn't want me to have Duokan Thanks though

Last edited by Nickx; 09-01-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #1250
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Zip is empty when downloaded on 3 different browsers. The internet just doesn't want me to have this file. Thanks though

download this link via free download manager: http://kindleota.duokan.com/KT%20and...29255.rtm).zip
Advert
Old 09-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #1251
Nickx

Quote:

download this link via free download manager: http://kindleota.duokan.com/KT%20and...29255.rtm).zip

Thanks!!! I owe you tons of karma. and maybe a beer
Old 09-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #1252
PangolinBVDP
PangolinBVDP began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I was recently given a Kindle Keyboard WiFi 3.4, and have generally loved having books and documents around. My major issue is that I really need some kind of Folder system, and Collections isn't working for me. I've spent the evening trying to find a solution and stumbled across Duokan. I got the same errors as people before me - U004 was the error when it didn't update successfully, and no amount of restarting, mashing Q, or re-updating is working.

Reading through this thread it seems that there is a distaste for Duokan, and a preference for jailbreaking in other ways.

My question is whether jailbreaking my K3 will allow me to set up folder systems? I've got maybe 300 documents on my Kindle, including various DRM-free ebooks (legal!) but mostly work related information (articles, textbooks etc.). I NEED to be able to categorise these items. That (and possibly not terrifying screensavers) are the only things I'm interested in changing. Can anyone help?
PangolinBVDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #1253
thomass
Wizard

DuoKan starts cloud service for personal documents. (it is also has a limit of 5GB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duokan.com
DuoKan began to support cloud space served. Now, as long as the local books uploaded to the cloud space, you can press the need to download, archive and manage not only more convenient, you can also see more progress in reading various platforms to achieve complete synchronization of reading.
Enjoy fine reading anytime, no matter where, are as easy as at home.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #1254
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinBVDP View Post
My major issue is that I really need some kind of Folder system, and Collections isn't working for me.
You can try also kindlepdfviewer, coolreader,..
Old 09-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #1255
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinBVDP View Post
Reading through this thread it seems that there is a distaste for Duokan, and a preference for jailbreaking in other ways.
What you read is a distaste for people who use Open Source Software without releasing their sources and/or other violations of the OSS license that they received the software under.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #1256
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Actually - if we are pointing fingers - it was the point where I realised they had subsumed some of the work of the ACTIVE developers here without a single nod or wink.

They can go jump off a cliff for me.
pitiful.

Also what knc1 said.

I would just like to say that "thomass" has been tireless however in his support of those who DO choose to go down the road of using it. Kudos to him.

And my opinions of the app, the state of it's shady closed -source development or the shocking IP theft practices are ABSOLUTELY NOT in any way reflected upon the supporters of the app.

twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #1257
luigi454
luigi454 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (Wi-Fi only; non 3G)
Is DouKan still alive?

Hi. I have a Kindle Keyboard (Wi-Fi only; non 3g).

Recently I've been interested as to what mods and hacks I can do with it. However when browsing the forums for information about the DouKan Shell I am not able to find much other than dead ends.

This just leads to ):

This just leads to ):

I have found this which looks convincing, but I am also confused as to what the latest version is. Is it the Lite, 2012 or 2013 version?
luigi454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #1258
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
And where does this link lead?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150175
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #1259
luigi454
luigi454 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (Wi-Fi only; non 3G)
Just to some instructions, but now DL links. Also it's not very clear on what the latest version is or the difference between 2013 and lite.

Is this what I'm looking for?

Last edited by luigi454; 09-14-2013 at 02:02 PM.
luigi454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #1260
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi454 View Post
Is this what I'm looking for?
current versions are on this link:
Quote:
Current Version:Check out this page

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf