Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #46
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Feeling much better thank you - less sore, but more swollen (luckily the lopsided chipmunk look suits me ).

It looks like I got off lightly judging by what other people have related - glad I read them after I'd been done and not before; I might have chickened out .
Hey, less sore is always a good thing. The swelling should go down in a few more days.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #47
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Well, I dropped by the Moons house, and was immediately enlisted to make some quick computer repairs. They said they are now refering to me as "RTTR" ... which stands for "Ricky to the Rescue."

I don't want to even think what else it could possibly stand for ....

Now, tonight, I am about to embark on repainting the chalkboard door. Oh, what the heck ... it's Saturday night and there is absolutely nothing else to do around here. Even the deer have wandered off to what ever deer bars they usually frequent.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:04 AM   #48
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
listening to the bbc overseas service and waiting for suki to get here for a late supper

so i wait and check in on you guys and gals

must not eat the doughnuts in the box in the next room
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:15 AM   #49
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
listening to the bbc overseas service and waiting for suki to get here for a late supper

so i wait and check in on you guys and gals

I hate you. All I can think of right now is eating sugar doughnuts!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #50
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Currently biting into cotton pads to stem the bleeding form having two wisdom teeth out this morning.
Not sure the sedation was strong enough - they said it'd be like being very drunk, and I probably wouldn't remember anything.
Don't feel drunk, and remember quite a lot of cutting, chipping and tugging .

Looking forward to a few days feeling sorry for myself, mooching about doing nothing but reading - my favourite part of feeling poorly .
Feel sorry for yourself and read all you can. I hope the oral surgeon gave you pain meds. I had all four out one afternoon with just local anesthetic (great book, Local Anesthetic by Gunter Grass) and I remember everything.

To do nothing is far worse, I put it off for a few weeks to get to spring break and I regretted the delay. I finally gave up and had it done. The recovery was less painful than what I had put up with prior to that.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #51
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Right now, I am itching several very painful swollen places on my arms, legs, torso, face and hands.

I know it was a spider that bit me night before last ... right hand (on my f.u. finger) unmistakeably a spider bite.

But, I've got a much larger bite on my left elbow ... I don't know if it was something small that bit me and I'm just having an allergic reaction, or something bigger. Two bites under my left eye. Several more on my torso (and I suspect those are from the scorpions that decided to "sleep over" last night).

I'm covered in cortisone and quite miserable because IT'S NOT HELPING!!
Old 08-03-2008, 11:39 AM   #52
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
wow, and i've been cranky because of the mutant mosquitoes we have this year. i hope you feel better soon. i hear lavendar in all the windows will deter scorpions ; i don't know whether it's true, but it can't hurt to try ; at worst, you *still* have scorpions, but your house smells nice.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #53
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wow, and i've been cranky because of the mutant mosquitoes we have this year. i hope you feel better soon. i hear lavendar in all the windows will deter scorpions ; i don't know whether it's true, but it can't hurt to try ; at worst, you *still* have scorpions, but your house smells nice.
'aid to memory', lavendar also helps one to sleep....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:56 AM   #54
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Right now, I am itching several very painful swollen places on my arms, legs, torso, face and hands.

I know it was a spider that bit me night before last ... right hand (on my f.u. finger) unmistakeably a spider bite.

But, I've got a much larger bite on my left elbow ... I don't know if it was something small that bit me and I'm just having an allergic reaction, or something bigger. Two bites under my left eye. Several more on my torso (and I suspect those are from the scorpions that decided to "sleep over" last night).

Good grief.......get thee to a doctor......if not today because its sunday, then tomorrow for sure!! I hope you are better soon.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #55
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Good grief.......get thee to a doctor......if not today because its sunday, then tomorrow for sure!! I hope you are better soon.....
she will be, she's a tough cookie...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:20 PM   #56
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:

Yikes , we don't have that scale of venomous wildlife over here. Camomile lotion seems to be what everyone uses for soothing bites and stings; but I imagine scorpion bites would require more serious attention.

One bite would be bad enough, but it sounds like you got mobbed .
Hope the cortisone is kicking in by now.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #57
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:

Texas spiders are what, 5" to 6" for the babies and larger for the adults. I remember a troupe of Texas cockroaches carrying off a small child.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:44 PM   #58
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Texas spiders are what, 5" to 6" for the babies and larger for the adults. I remember a troupe of Texas cockroaches carrying off a small child.
god help you. my hair stood on end just reading that sentence (it really doesn't matter if it's a texan exagerration, it probably is not that far from the truth). why you lot don't collectively move somewhere with more reasonable fauna is just beyond me.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #59
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
That's what the Moons do. They have lavender growning all around the house. And, they never have a problem with scorpions. I'm going to have to get some. I'm really getting tired of these buggers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
'aid to memory', lavendar also helps one to sleep....
And, the Moons also bought me a lovely bottle of lavender body lotion. I should start putting that on at night. Maybe I won't be the ideal place to stage a gang fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Don't worry, I will survive. Trips to the doctor are reserved for serious infections, snake bites and broken bones. I'm going to buy some calamine lotion or some cortisone with anti-itch when I go into town today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
she will be, she's a tough cookie...
Actually, I guess I am. I never gave it that much thought, but I am the pick myself up and dust myself off type. Never been much of one for self pity -- except to make a joke. And, besides ... some of these bites (or whatever they are) are really interesting. There is this one set of ... well, silver dollar sized ones that completely ring around my left arm right below the shoulder. It's weird. It's weird and it itches.

Quote:
Yikes , we don't have that scale of venomous wildlife over here. Camomile lotion seems to be what everyone uses for soothing bites and stings; but I imagine scorpion bites would require more serious attention.

One bite would be bad enough, but it sounds like you got mobbed .
Hope the cortisone is kicking in by now.
Cortisone is still not working. I have to go into the hardware store (AGAIN??) anyway, so I'm going to pick up some of that or some cortisone with anti-itch or someting while I'm in town.

I don't think the scorpions were actually targeting me. It's not like they hunt in packs or anything. If I were to make an educated guess, I would say they were having a fight and I was collateral damage.

The strange thing is that ... if they stung me, then you would think that would wake me up, but I remember waking up because they were running around on me. It's not like I have a really high pain threshold or anything.

And .... I'm sad to say, I jumped out of bed and beat them all to death with my shoe (Crocs are well suited to this purpose because you can wash them off later in the sink).
Old 08-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #60
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
why you lot don't collectively move somewhere with more reasonable fauna is just beyond me.
They sounded like your sort of cockroach; I'm surprised you haven't ordered a batch .
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?