Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #61
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
This one will only be FREE for some of you (I hope I'm not the only one ).
-Make sure you're signed into Audible first with your Amazon linked account, then go to this specific Audio Book at Audible:

Pride and Prejudice - Audible - FREE

-I have 2 different FREE versions of Pride and Prejudice in my Amazon Library, only one of these editions is tied to this particular Audible FREE version, the other Amazon edition is tied to a different Audible version of Pride and Prejudice that is discounted to 9.95.
-I was looking through all the Audible Whispersyc for Voice-Ready selections directly at Audible's site and the above linked version of Pride and Prejudice showed up as FREE because I "owned the Amazon Kindle version".
-I tried to duplicate this in my 2nd Audible/Amazon linked account and found the only FREE Pride and Prejudice version on Amazon available right now is tied to a 9.95 different edition of Audible's Pride and Prejudice (there are a number of Pride and Prejudice editions on Audible).
-The cover of the Pride and Prejudice edition that's tied to this FREE Audible one is Tan/Brown with a white stripe in the center with Jane Austen's name in it --> Cover Pic, not the one with the green cover currently free at Amazon.
-This edition is no longer available to purchase on Amazon but it's in my Kindle Library and it was FREE.

*Sorry for the long explanation, I just wanted it to make sense.
This worked for me too. I already had the same Kindle edition in my Kindle library, and the Audible free version popped right up when I clicked your link...thanks!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #62
JlbCrump
JlbCrump began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I already own some of the free ebooks... it won't let me "purchase" them again so I can get the Audible book for free... Any ideas?
I had the same problem with a couple of them. I went to Manage My Kindle and deleted those titles and then repurchased them. I was then allowed to get the audio book.
JlbCrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #63
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
This worked for me too. I already had the same Kindle edition in my Kindle library, and the Audible free version popped right up when I clicked your link...thanks!
Can you post the ASIN that worked (the free one .. I can see the $6.99 edition)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #64
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
The Pride and Prejudice one looks tricky; it looks like you'd have to pay something either way (unless you'd previously bought the ebook for free)

This P&P ebook is free but you have to pay $9.95 for the pro narration (by Kate Reading). This one, on the other hand, costs $6.99 but you get the pro narration (by Lindsay Duncan) for free.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #65
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Can you post the ASIN that worked (the free one .. I can see the $6.99 edition)
As kg3 mentions in post #58, it only seems to work (for free, that is) if you already have the free Kindle version that is no longer available...

I had it in my Library - I had "bought" it in February of this year. When I pull up the order details, and then try to click on the "product info" link, it leads me to an invalid web address.

I opened the book up and looked, and don't find an ASIN - it looks as if it's just a public domain version. It doesn't even have a title page.

I wish I could help more. About all I can think of is to give you a picture of the cover, but I really don't think it's available anymore.

[edit] Oh, and one other thing - I also had to be already signed into my Audible account with my Kindle account info when I clicked kg3's link. I have two Audible accounts, one associated with Amazon, and one created a long time ago that is stand-alone. I was originally logged into the stand-alone one, and clicking on the link gave me the same Audible version, but it didn't show as free. I then realized which account I was in, logged out, and re-logged in with the other one, the one associated with my Kindle, and it just popped right up.

Last edited by sufue; 09-08-2012 at 01:04 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #66
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I had it in my Library - I had "bought" it in February of this year. When I pull up the order details, and then try to click on the "product info" link, it leads me to an invalid web address.
Thanks for looking - it should be displayed on the "invalid page" that you get (as part of the address). The reason I was looking for it, was so I could check the various Amazons to see if another country has access to it.

I've found a few at 49 cents, where some previous purchase apparently qualifies me (but if you buy them now, they link to 4.95 versions), such as Time Machine.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #67
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
heads-up on linked accounts

Just as a note, after getting a couple of freebie book/audio combos, i downloaded the iOS app so see how well the multi-device sync would work.

The app asked for my *username* and password. Because it asked for username instead of e-mail address, it accepted my *pre-linking* Audible user and pw, but did not actually show me anything that's in my Library. I had to log out, and log back in with my Amazon.com e-mail address and password to see my Library.

All of my new and old purchases are available through the app.

Now I'll go test whispersync, and then download the Android app after dinner.

Update: No joy with "whispersync for voice." Looks like it's still beta. if I'm listening on iOS, I can catch up Kindle reading to that spot, but the reverse direction doesn't work. Maybe they'll get it working before year's end. (and, as expected, Audible listening on an eink Kindle doesn't sync at all--announcement was pretty clear you need a Fire.)

Last edited by curtw; 09-08-2012 at 08:02 PM.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #68
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
-->koland

The ASIN for the version of Pride and Prejudice (tied with the Free one from Audible) was not in my Amazon account or in Calibre, but I was able to find it directly in My Kindle Content folder.

Here's the ASIN: B000JMLFLW

-Hope this helps you to get it!

-->sufue

Glad you were able to get it too, I hoped I wasn't the only one!

-->Everyone - Make sure you're signed into your Amazon linked Audible account before trying to get it (as sufue also said).
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #69
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
One of my favorites is completely free with free audiobook... http://www.amazon.com/Little-Fuzzy-e...s=little+fuzzy
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #70
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmonster View Post
One of my favorites is completely free with free audiobook... http://www.amazon.com/Little-Fuzzy-e...s=little+fuzzy
The eBook is free, but the audiobook is not:

Add the professional narration of Little Fuzzy for a reduced price of $9.95 after you buy this Kindle book.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #71
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
not used to looking for the amount inside announcement about the voice sync stuff. I had priorly purchased it from audible.
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #72
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Best. Thread. Ever.

http://www.amazon.com/Haunted-Bourbo...bourbon+street

Free e-book & get the audio for $1.99.

I read it and enjoyed it. Para-romance.
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #73
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
A quick scan of my Kindle library matched up some cheap audiobooks that go with some discounted ebooks I've collected over the past year. I haven't yet decided to buy the audiobooks, but I'll post the Amazon links here for others who may have snagged the same ebook deals I did (there will be a yellow bar at the top of the Amazon page if you've already bought the ebooks).
  • $1.99 audiobook for Second Star by Dana Stabenow which is still available as a free ebook.
  • $1.99 audiobook for The List by J. A. Konrath which was a freebie.
  • $1.99 audiobooks for a few of Ed McBain's 87th Precinct ebooks which were a $0.99 Kindle Daily Deal (Killer's Choice, 'Til Death) and some of the other titles had audiobooks available for $5.49 to $6.99. Probably easiest to locate these using an advanced search for Ed McBain at Audible with the Whispersync for Voice box near the bottom ticked, any reduced price audiobooks that match ebooks you've already acquired will have a bright red price below the regular prices.
  • $1.99 audiobook for A Dangerous Talent by Aaron Elkins and Charlotte Elkins which was a $0.99 KDD (probably).
  • $1.99 audiobooks for Chris Grabenstein's John Ceepak series (Tilt-a-Whirl, Whack A Mole, and Mad Mouse) which were $0.99 ebooks (probably from a KDD).
  • $3.95 audiobook for We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver if you picked this up for the $0.25 price match during Google Play's introduction.

Last edited by Synamon; 09-14-2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: forgot Ed McBain
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #74
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
$1.99 audiobooks for Chris Grabenstein's John Ceepak series (Tilt-a-Whirl, Whack A Mole, and Mad Mouse) which were $0.99 ebooks (probably from a KDD).
Just a quick note about Ceepak audibles. They are AMAZING. Jeff Woodman as a narrator is fantastic. I bought the three above @ member full price.
Even though they are sooo cheap, I don't regret the $$ I spent. They are a fantastic series.

#4 is $4.95
http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sr_1_1...7596769&sr=1-1

And if you wait for a surprise sale, you can get #5 Mind Scrambler for $4.95 as well.

http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sa_5?asin=B002V0RBQS

Just can't recommend these enough.
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:36 AM   #75
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Thanks for the recommendation Wald07. I'll buy the first and give it a listen right away, so I can snap up the others if I like 'em.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible