Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-08-2021, 07:03 PM   #1
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
January Kindle Challenge

Anyone else participating?
https://www.amazon.com/kindlechallenge

It's cute. I have read some said they did not get a $5.00 free ebook credit, some get others options. Mine is showing as the $5.00 credit. The badges are fun when activated/lit up. It's a side thing if you're planning on reading anyway. I don't recall Amazon doing something like this before, although it's possible they have and I missed it.

From the page:
How it works
1) Find your Kindle Challenge quests below
2) Earn badges for completing quests
3) Get $5 in eBook credit for earning at least four diamond badges
The Kindle Challenge ends on January 31, 2021
Badges may take up to 72 hours after completion to appear, terms and conditions apply
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:10 PM   #2
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hm, odd

It seems that some get more challenges that others offered and some different challenges than others catered by their device or options.
An annoying badge I saw them griping about on reddit that only affects those who get the option of 12 instead of 11, and the same for me is:

Easy on the Eyes
Earn this badge when you register a Kindle E‑reader device.

Obviously I doubt many will de-register and then re-register their devices, or buy a new device in the month of January just for this badge, which does not count toward earning the credit anyway since it's not a diamond badge .
Advert
Old 01-10-2021, 12:52 PM   #3
kotatsu
kotatsu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
It doesn't seem to be offering any sort of reward for me when I visit the site on my computer.
kotatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:22 PM   #4
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I've completed four tasks: bronze level, a Kindle purchase, series starter, and Prime book.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:40 PM   #5
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post
It doesn't seem to be offering any sort of reward for me when I visit the site on my computer.
I believe I saw that it doesn't with everyone. It is odd. Even if not a reward, I'm into weird little badges and achievements since I'm dorky that way. I messed it up by not reading yesterday where it counted before it hit midnight -- I was listened to Audible for hours though so I'm guessing that didn't sync in. It still hasn't caught up with 2 badges from Friday, so I don't think I'll get four of the diamonds for the 5.00 credit regardless.
Advert
Old 01-10-2021, 02:41 PM   #6
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I've completed four tasks: bronze level, a Kindle purchase, series starter, and Prime book.
I got a Kindle Unlimited and Prime book badge, but I don't own and use Prime on this account, so I'm still trying to figure that one out lol
Old 01-10-2021, 03:00 PM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
All they’re offering me are “bragging rights.”
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:09 PM   #8
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Same here, sadly.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:16 PM   #9
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
It seems that some get more challenges that others offered and some different challenges than others catered by their device or options.
An annoying badge I saw them griping about on reddit that only affects those who get the option of 12 instead of 11, and the same for me is:
I have the option to earn 13 badges but I see no offer of money. I've already completed 8 badges.
Bronze Reader
Goal Setter
I'm a Fan
Book in Hand
Prime Reader
Kindle Unlimited
Series Starter
Night Owl

It is weird that the badge challenges are not the same for everyone.
HogDrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:59 PM   #10
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post
Here's a screenshot to show where the qualifying information is located:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210110_125453.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	184662  
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 04:17 PM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
Here's a screenshot to show where the qualifying information is located:
Substitute:

Quote:
3) Enjoy bragging rights and settle in for a year of great reading
Amazon has always been about separating the sheep from the goats. I’m not inclined to provide Amazon with my reading data for free when they’re paying other people for it!

Last edited by issybird; 01-10-2021 at 04:26 PM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:32 PM   #12
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogDrvr View Post
I have the option to earn 13 badges but I see no offer of money.

It is weird that the badge challenges are not the same for everyone.
I first read about this scheme from Goodereader (dodgy I know) via a notification on my phone a week ago. I don't know where you are, but that article said the monetary rewards were US only
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:23 PM   #13
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
So far I have 10 of 14 showing on my system.

Bronze Reader
Goal Setter
I'm a Fan
Book in Hand
Prime Reader
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle Unlimited Reader
Series Starter
Night Owl
Finisher

I anticipate getting Silver for certain and Quitters Day almost assuredly and possibly Gold in which case I'll also get Overachiever. That's if no more new ones appear in the interim. There were 12 when I originally joined, now 14. I haven't really done much different than usual except take a trial of KU.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:33 PM   #14
Paperbackstash
Wizard

On Reddit some said they were also only offered bragging rights, so this does not surprise me. I'm not sure how they figure who gets what. Some have to do more to reach the goal so I'm assuming it goes off existing reading habits to a degree.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:34 PM   #15
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
So far I have 10 of 14 showing on my system.

Bronze Reader
Goal Setter
I'm a Fan
Book in Hand
Prime Reader
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle Unlimited Reader
Series Starter
Night Owl
Finisher

I anticipate getting Silver for certain and Quitters Day almost assuredly and possibly Gold in which case I'll also get Overachiever. That's if no more new ones appear in the interim. There were 12 when I originally joined, now 14. I haven't really done much different than usual except take a trial of KU.
What is "Night Owl"?

Mine are:

Bronze Reader - Earn this badge when you read 7 days in January 2021.

Silver Reader - Earn this badge when you read 15 days in January 2021.

Gold Reader - Earn this badge when you read 30 days in January 2021.

Goal Setter -Earn this badge when you create a reading goal for 2021.

Easy on the Eyes - Earn this badge when you register a Kindle E‑reader device.

I’m a Fan! -Earn this badge when you follow an author.

Book-in-Hand -Nice choice! You earned this badge for buying a Kindle eBook, now settle in and enjoy the read.

Kindle Unlimited Reader - Easy reading. You earned this badge by borrowing a title from Kindle Unlimited. Your read awaits!

Series Starter -Happy reading! You earned this badge because you started reading a series title. Enjoy the journey!

Quitters Day - Earn this badge when you read on January 19th - the day most people quit on their New Year's resolutions.

Finisher - What a story! You earned this badge for finishing a Kindle eBook. What's up next?

Overachiever - Earn this badge when you've achieved all available badges in the Kindle Challenge.