Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-11-2021, 06:28 PM   #2686
ShortNet
Connoisseur
ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (all flavors from 1 thru Oasis)
Just saw that Reforming Lord Ragsdale by Carla Kelly is presently free. It's a regency romance, one I enjoyed many years ago. Mrs. Drew Plays Her Hand is also free right now, another favorite by the 'Queen of Dukeless Romances'. Enjoy!
ShortNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 02:37 PM   #2687
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Just for Fun is the fourth in the Escape to New Zealand series by Rosalind James. It's free right now at Kindle US and UK.

This author is one of a very few contemporary romance authors I really like, and bonus (!!!), many of her books are Kindle Unlimited and/or go on sale/free really often. But they usually don't stay on sale or free for very long, so grab this one right away if you want it.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AKIZVLA
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AKIZVLA

Spoiler:
Quote:
What happens in Fiji stays in Fiji ... except when it doesn't.

Nic Wilkinson is a responsible, organized, disciplined rugby player for the New Zealand All Blacks, and a man at the top of his game. Emma Martens is a sometimes-scattered, often-emotional, and always-broke would-be designer with a big chip on her shoulder where Nic’s concerned.

They have no history together, except one perfect week. Nothing in common anymore, except the most important thing of all.

Getting together again would be messy. Complicated. Scary. And, just maybe, worth every risk.

Note: This STAND-ALONE romance, like New Zealand, contains a fair bit of steam. If that isn't your cuppa, you may want to visit a different country ... er, book.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:04 PM   #2688
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser will become famous soon enoughjenieliser will become famous soon enoughjenieliser will become famous soon enoughjenieliser will become famous soon enoughjenieliser will become famous soon enoughjenieliser will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
I'm not sure if these fall under the "romance" genre, but I think they do more than they don't, so here ya go...

Edenbrooke and the Heir to Edenbrook by Julianne Donaldson on sale for $5.99 (usually 14.99)

Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson on sale for 2.99 (usually 11.99ish)

Also, Proper Romance series by Shadow Mountain Publishing has about 30 kindle books on sale, as low as 2.99
(authors including Josi Kilpack, Nancy Campbell Allen, and Sarah M Eden, among others)

Last edited by jenieliser; 02-14-2021 at 08:46 PM. Reason: added more info
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 11:22 PM   #2689
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Faithless in Death (In Death #52/#63) by JD Robb (B/4 stars)
  • Under Christmas Stars (Woodlea #2) by Alissa Callen (A-/5 stars)
  • The Cupid Fiasco (The Cupid Guild #4) by L Penelope (B+/4 stars)

Also about halfway through of Mine to Possess in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread.

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 2-14.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	185393  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 10:15 PM   #2690
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Two books I loved are on sale for $0.99 each:

Best of Luck by Kate Clayborn

Spoiler:
After winning the lottery, a young woman goes back to school—and gets an unexpected lesson in love—in this romance by the author of Beginner’s Luck.

Winning the lottery with her two best friends doesn’t just bring wealth for Greer Hawthorne, it also allows her to pursue a long-postponed education. She’s finally on the cusp of proving to her big, overprotective family that she’s independent—until a careless mistake jeopardizes her plan to graduate. Lucky for her, there’s someone in town who may be able to help . . .

Globe-hopping photojournalist Alex Averin only plans to be in town for his sister Kit’s wedding before jetting off again. But when gorgeous, good-hearted Greer needs an assist with a photography project, he’s powerless to say no. Showing Greer his professional passion ignites a new one for both of them. But can a ceaseless wanderer stay by an ambitious woman’s side…or are Alex and Greer both pushing their luck too far?

Moonshadow by Thea Harrison

Spoiler:
From bestselling author Thea Harrison comes the first in an explosive new trilogy set in the Elder Races world….

Her past is a blank, her future uncertain….

Recovering from a shooting, LAPD witch consultant Sophie Ross leaves her job and travels to the U.K. to search for answers about her childhood. When she encounters a Daoine Sidhe knight of the Dark Court, she becomes entangled in an ancient hatred between two arcane forces.

He has given his body and soul to fight for his people….

Barred from his homeland along with his surviving brother knights, Nikolas Sevigny is embroiled in a conflict that threatens everything he holds dear. Only by uniting his people’s resources can they hope to prevail against Isabeau, the deadly Queen of the Light Court. He will do anything and use anyone to return home to Lyonesse.

When Nikolas encounters Sophie, he sees a tool to be used. The insouciant witch might be the key to unlocking every passageway that has been barred to the knights of the Dark Court, even as a fascination for her takes root in what’s left of his soul.

Sophie has no intention of becoming anyone’s pawn, yet the fierce Nikolas is so compelling, she can’t deny the temptation that endangers her guarded heart.

As magic threatens Lyonesse, Queen Isabeau unleashes her merciless Hounds, and Nikolas and Sophie become embroiled in a race for survival. Meanwhile, the passion that ignites between them burns too hot to be denied and quickly turns into obsession.

Thank goodness they both know better than to fall in love…
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 03:49 AM   #2691
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The new Jayne Castle book, Guild Boss, will be released Nov 16, 2021.

This will be her first hardcover as Jayne Castle. Sad the ebooks will be pricier, but happy that this hopefully means they threw a lot of money at her and there will be more books going forward.

I know she'd gone from writing three books per year down to two to spend more time travelling with her husband (before the pandemic). Personally I would be happy with a book from each pseudonym every 18 months instead of 12 if that meant we could keep her JC titles in the mix.
Old 02-21-2021, 06:30 AM   #2692
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
The new Jayne Castle book, Guild Boss, will be released Nov 16, 2021.

This will be her first hardcover as Jayne Castle. Sad the ebooks will be pricier, but happy that this hopefully means they threw a lot of money at her and there will be more books going forward.

I know she'd gone from writing three books per year down to two to spend more time travelling with her husband (before the pandemic). Personally I would be happy with a book from each pseudonym every 18 months instead of 12 if that meant we could keep her JC titles in the mix.
YES, YES, YES, more dust bunnies
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 06:50 PM   #2693
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • A Reunion of Rivals (The Bourbon Brothers #4) by Reese Ryan (B/4 stars)
  • Gaming Grace (Gone Wild #2) by Piper J Drake (A/5 stars)

Also just started Blaze of Memory in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread.

Purchased:
none
Old 02-23-2021, 11:18 AM   #2694
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
There is a group of authors writing Paranormal Women's Fiction featuring characters that are over the age of 40 (rare enough in romance, but even rarer in paranormal fiction ). One of my favorites is the Leveling Up series by K.F. Breene. Some of the series don't have much romance, but this one does have a nice slow-burn romance - three books in and although they are attracted, he's resisting because of his past. . However, I have hope because the newest release is called Magical Midlife Love.

Anyway, the first three books in the series are free through tomorrow, 2/24. The fourth is not free but it's in KU so it can be borrowed.

Magical Midlife Madness

Magical Midlife Dating

Magical Midlife Invasion
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 02:09 PM   #2695
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Oooh, thanks! I've read (and also liked) all of these as KU, but nice to have the versions that I don't have to return!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
There is a group of authors writing Paranormal Women's Fiction featuring characters that are over the age of 40 (rare enough in romance, but even rarer in paranormal fiction ). One of my favorites is the Leveling Up series by K.F. Breene. Some of the series don't have much romance, but this one does have a nice slow-burn romance - three books in and although they are attracted, he's resisting because of his past. . However, I have hope because the newest release is called Magical Midlife Love.

Anyway, the first three books in the series are free through tomorrow, 2/24. The fourth is not free but it's in KU so it can be borrowed.

Magical Midlife Madness

Magical Midlife Dating

Magical Midlife Invasion
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:22 AM   #2696
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Grrr. My tablet somehow updated to the new version of Calibre Companion even though I did not press update. So I deleted it and will reinstall the good version from my copy of the backup apk. Such a mess!
Old Today, 03:36 AM   #2697
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
How do you a backup of the apk? Because I don't want the new calibre companion either
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:44 AM   #2698
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

I have 5.4.1.1 5.4.4.1 backed up.

But my phone and other tablet are running is 5.4.3.3

Oh thank goodness I have the 5.4.3.3 version backed up on my phone. So I just need to send that one to my tablet. Oh, I am so relieved.

Duh, turns out I had both versions already in my dropbox. The one is just titled differently. Thanks past me

Anyway I am currently reinstalling. And then will have to re-add all of my books.

But it IS fixable. That's what is important

Terisa, I sent you a PM.

Last edited by library addict; Today at 03:56 AM.
Old Today, 04:26 AM   #2699
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Crap I reinstalled, but it won't wirelessly connect.

Calibre still connects to my other tablet and phone with no issues. I have turned both the tablet and device off and back on. I have been so careful for nearly 2 full years not to update this app.

I want to cry
Old Today, 05:32 AM   #2700
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Have you tried uninstalling the app and re-installing 5.4.3.3? Or back up the app version from your other tablet or phone, and use that copy?

It looks like the app has turned into abaondonware. The folks that bought it from chaley have not been in the subforum in a very long time.
copyrite is online now   Reply With Quote