Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:58 AM   #136
Ashjuk
Addict
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
I will take on tutorial_code_view.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:04 AM   #137
Ashjuk
Addict
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
tutorial_code_view checked.

I have:
  • [1] Replaced the image tutorial-cv.png as the text was referring to a line that was not visible in the original image.

[2] Added a footnote pointing to an HTML tutorial website.

[3] Modified the stylesheet to increase the font size of the style 'example' and applied the bold attribute (it seemed to me to be lost within the surrounding text as it was).

[4] Minor text changes.

Use whatever you think to be suitable.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1614420245
Attached Files
File Type: zip tutorial_code_view.zip (213.4 KB, 13 views)
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM   #138
KevinH
Grand Sorcerer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
TagMechanic, there are a couple of grammar related ones, a MarkDown import one, a Daisy ACE accessibility checker that add very important functionality as well (IMHO). And yes both wrCiscos CSS plugins should be included since one is still something Sigil does not do and the other is very very useful for older versions of Sigil (pre-1.5.0) and Sigil's new css code is still very much beta quality, whereas his CSSRemoveUnused one is tried and tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
With regard to "major plugins", I will include the ones you name above. Anything else? I mean, I know which plugins I use and love, but not sure what most people consider major. And, of course, I will link to the MobileRead Sigil plugin index.

Also, I know there was discussion of integrating wrCisco's fabulous cssRemoveUnusedSelectors plugin directly into Sigil. Should I include that plugin in this discussion or is it now moot?

Last edited by KevinH; Yesterday at 09:56 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM   #139
KevinH
Grand Sorcerer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you! I will incorporate it into the next version I post.

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
tutorial_code_view checked.

I have:
  • [1] Replaced the image tutorial-cv.png as the text was referring to a line that was not visible in the original image.

[2] Added a footnote pointing to an HTML tutorial website.

[3] Modified the stylesheet to increase the font size of the style 'example' and applied the bold attribute (it seemed to me to be lost within the surrounding text as it was).

[4] Minor text changes.

Use whatever you think to be suitable.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1614420245
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #140
Banjo
Connoisseur
Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Asus Zen Pad
I have updated tutorial_metadata.html.

In order to clarify the instructions, I added some images of the dialog boxes that appeared as I made the entries. The images are quite small, so they should not add much to the size of the book. All the files are contained within the attached zip file.

Adding the included files to the book should make it work. I did replace one of the images, tutorial-metadata-required-new.png so that it would be consistent with the other images. You will have to confirm overwriting that image to get the new one.

I also replaced the file tutorial_metatdata.html file. It took an extra step to import the new html file.

I noticed that it is possible in Sigil to add an existing image that is already in the book, and Sigil will ask whether or not I want to overwrite it. However, when I add an existing html file that is already in the book, Sigil simply refuses to import it. I had to delete the original and then add in the new copy.

Is this intentional? It seems a bit asymmetric.

Let me know if you have any issues with this entry.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tutorial_metadata.zip (111.5 KB, 7 views)
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM   #141
KevinH
Grand Sorcerer

Yes that is expected behaviour and has been forever in Sigil.

I just rename the current file to a unique name, import your html file version, delete the old renamed version, then do a find and replace in html, toc, opf that fixes external links back from the unique name to the original name.

If I need to do this for more than one file, I just unzip the epub and drag and drop files.

Thanks!

I will merge this into my next posting!
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM   #142
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis1 & Voyage, iOS
... and here's the External Editors chapter
Attached Files
File Type: zip external_editors.zip (43.2 KB, 8 views)
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM   #143
KevinH
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you! I will incorporate this into my next update. Hopefully this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
... and here's the External Editors chapter
Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM   #144
KevinH
Grand Sorcerer

@Banjo,

After I integrated your chapter into the user-guide I wasleft with one unused image:

tutorial-tools-metadata-new.png

Is it safe to remove that image?

Thanks,

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
I have updated tutorial_metadata.html.

In order to clarify the instructions, I added some images of the dialog boxes that appeared as I made the entries. The images are quite small, so they should not add much to the size of the book. All the files are contained within the attached zip file.

Adding the included files to the book should make it work. I did replace one of the images, tutorial-metadata-required-new.png so that it would be consistent with the other images. You will have to confirm overwriting that image to get the new one.

I also replaced the file tutorial_metatdata.html file. It took an extra step to import the new html file.

I noticed that it is possible in Sigil to add an existing image that is already in the book, and Sigil will ask whether or not I want to overwrite it. However, when I add an existing html file that is already in the book, Sigil simply refuses to import it. I had to delete the original and then add in the new copy.

Is this intentional? It seems a bit asymmetric.

Let me know if you have any issues with this entry.
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM   #145
KevinH
Grand Sorcerer

Everything listed above plus some additional changes to the faq.html has now been added to an updated version of the user guide available in the first post.

The only thing not updated is the stylesheet for the example changes. I will handle that separately later.

See src_updated_20210227_01.epub in the first post.

Last edited by KevinH; Yesterday at 05:56 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM   #146
Banjo
Connoisseur
Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Asus Zen Pad
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
@Banjo,

After I integrated your chapter into the user-guide I wasleft with one unused image:

tutorial-tools-metadata-new.png

Is it safe to remove that image?

Thanks,

KevinH
Yeah. I renamed file to match up with the names of the others that I created. I took out the "tools" part of the names since it wasn't really relevant. The file has been replaced by "tutorial-metadata-new.png". It is the same image.

Go ahead and remove it.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #147
KevinH
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks. That was what I figured out.
The latest version in the first post did that.
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM   #148
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am working on the Clips chapter.

In the original User Guide, in reference to the Paste button in the Clips Editor window, it says, "You can also paste a group or selection of clips if necessary."

Is this supposed to mean that you can select multiple individual clips or a clip Group, then click the "Paste" button and all of the clips will be pasted into your document at once?

If so, I can't get it to work in 1.5.0. Every time I select multiple clips or a clip Group and click "Paste," only the first clip is inserted.

Am I doing something wrong? Or should I just delete that sentence in the User Guide?

Thanks
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #149
KevinH
Grand Sorcerer

Unfortunately, I have no idea as I rarely if ever use clips. I will take a look at the code itself to try to get you an answer.

Edit: Okay the code definitely supports the pasting of multiple non-group clip entries into CodeView via a FlowTab, and via CSSTab.

So if you have selected more than one non-group clip entries in the Clip Editor, you should see then all get pasted one after the other into your target document.

So the code itself actually supports this. I will try to verify it tomorrow.

Last edited by KevinH; Today at 12:04 AM.
Old Today, 12:23 AM   #150
odamizu
just an egg

Interesting. This is not working for me in in 1.5.0 or 1.4.3. But maybe it's just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
... Edit: Okay the code definitely supports the pasting of multiple non-group clip entries into CodeView via a FlowTab, and via CSSTab.

So if you have selected more than one non-group clip entries in the Clip Editor, you should see then all get pasted one after the other into your target document.

So the code itself actually supports this. I will try to verify it tomorrow.