Device: Kindle Fire HD
Thank you
taratears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:21 AM   #857
bluepiggy42
bluepiggy42 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help on the Search ePub

Quick question......I am doing a search and wanted to know if there was a way to pair down the results. For instance, I am looking for tablet, but the search also returns tabletop as tablet is found in that word.

Thank you
bluepiggy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2017, 01:31 PM   #858
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepiggy42 View Post
Quick question......I am doing a search and wanted to know if there was a way to pair down the results. For instance, I am looking for tablet, but the search also returns tabletop as tablet is found in that word.
Huh. I did not know that was a feature of Quality Check. Now I'm going to tell you how it works.

Looking in the code, it uses a regular expression search.

So to make only tablet, use: \btablet\b
\b means 'word boundary'.

To match tablet and tablets, use: \btablets?\b
s? means '0 or 1 s characters.

Regular expression reference.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:04 PM   #859
bluepiggy42
bluepiggy42 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Huh. I did not know that was a feature of Quality Check. Now I'm going to tell you how it works.

Looking in the code, it uses a regular expression search.

So to make only tablet, use: \btablet\b
\b means 'word boundary'.

To match tablet and tablets, use: \btablets?\b
s? means '0 or 1 s characters.

Regular expression reference.
Thank you!!!!!!! I use that feature all the time to find words or phrases in a book. It's my most used plug-in
bluepiggy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:00 PM   #860
The_Bird
The_Bird began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 & Kindle PW2
Hi...

Just got an annoying bug with Quality Check... I opened the "Search epub" function and the window suddenly became gigantic... It's all in length getting out of the screen on the left and on the right...

I tired to slip the window slowly to the right until I got the side of it, thinking I will reduce it litlle by little until getting bach a normal window, but when I click on the side the window disappears... If I re-open it the problem is the same...

I tried to re-install Calibre, same problem.

Tried to de-install, re-install Quality Check... Same problem... :-(
The_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2017, 06:54 PM   #861
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bird View Post
Just got an annoying bug with Quality Check... I opened the "Search epub" function and the window suddenly became gigantic... It's all in length getting out of the screen on the left and on the right...
Try changing Preferences - Look & feel - Main interface - Adjust for high resolution screens to Off, then restart calibre and see if that helps.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:18 AM   #862
The_Bird

Hi.
Thank you for the help... I tried your hint, but no effect... I've still got the useless window

I use daily this extension and it happens suddenly (wrong movement ?)... The problem is that Quality Check keep the memory of window size, so if I don't figure how to reduce it, it'll keep going to open it like it is...

Is there an hidden function to go back to initial settings of the extrension ??
Old 09-20-2017, 05:48 AM   #863
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bird View Post
Is there an hidden function to go back to initial settings of the extrension ??
try this - Uninstall the plugin, close calibre

Delete the <calibre_config>\plugins\Quality Check.json file, if you click on Preferences->Miscellaneous->Open calibre configuration directory you'll be in the <calibre_config> directory.

Reinstall the plugin, and you should be good to go.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-20-2017 at 05:52 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:17 AM   #864
The_Bird

Hi

It didn't work...

But so I've searched this folder... And I've opened the "gui.json" and found an historic of the searches in "Quality Check"... And in the history, there was a huge text i've put there by mistake, with a quick "Ctrl V + enter", I suppose, after I failed to do the correct Ctrl C.

And so it was the "history zone" in the windows whose size fitted the wront text...

I tried to delete this text and save the json (in wordpad)... It doesn't work. The format was probably no good, Wordpad was able to open the json, not to save it properly... So Calibre goes back to basic setting, farewell to my personalisation, extension, etc...

Anyway, I went to my last "calibre save" elsewhere on the HD and it xas not to old, 6 month... So I paste the saved gui.json in the folder and I found back my Calibre, almost as good as new...

Quality Check works again... Pheewww !

Thanks for your help, anyway
Old 09-21-2017, 04:40 PM   #865
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe there needs to be a 'reasonableness' test on the length of text pasted into that search text box - something like 200 chars. However, this plugin on on life support only, so it's unlikely to happen.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:57 AM   #866
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, I'm curious, why does not this plugin appear in the Caliber add-on list? Thank you
mariaclaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:13 AM   #867
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaclaudia View Post
Hi, I'm curious, why does not this plugin appear in the Caliber add-on list? Thank you
It is both on the calibre list (see attached) and listed in the Index of Plugins.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qcplugin.png
Views:	234
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	159158  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:22 PM   #868
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you very much, I found it. Now rather a doubt about its use. Is it possible to search for an image by its name? Is that I have added Ex Libris to some books, and I want to modify them, but I do not know what books have been, but if I could find the epub that have the image that I created for Ex Libris, it would help me a lot.

Thanks for the support
Sorry for my grammar, I'm still learning (I use the Google translator to support me)
Regards from Lima, Peru
Blessings
Old 09-24-2017, 04:51 PM   #869
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I would search the OPF manifest for the filename

(not tested. No books with Ex Libris)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SearchEPUBmanifest.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	159161  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:38 PM   #870
mariaclaudia
Zealot

It's almost the same I did. I searched NCX TOC section and that's all.