Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-01-2023, 02:09 AM   #8761
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Do you have a quote for that? I would say it can be flawlessly inserted without being weird in this location: (there is no spoiler in actual content)
Spoiler:
between preface and chapter one
I don't. That was supposition on my part, but given how it fits it almost had to be. Looking deeper, this post at Reddit seems to indicate it was intentionally done as a novella between the two novels. I'm likely wrong.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 04:47 AM   #8762
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
@DuckieTigger. Thank you fore the help. I may have more as I look at more of the shorts on Jim's website.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 03:33 PM   #8763
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I don't. That was supposition on my part, but given how it fits it almost had to be. Looking deeper, this post at Reddit seems to indicate it was intentionally done as a novella between the two novels. I'm likely wrong.
It always looks better, in hindsight, to claim a salvage operation as being intentionally planned. Very likely scenario could be that one chapter got cut a long time ago and Jim Butcher didn't like it. It had the potential to be not only a short story, but a novella. Nobody knows yet if Cinder Spires is going to be three books or nine. If it is only three, then a short story anthology is unlikely. To play it safe, it is now a free standing novella, published as a teaser to increase interest in the second novel. Just my thoughts, I could be as wrong about it as you.

Actual real content spoiler:
Spoiler:
I am glad Warriorborn has a new type of creature showing up. Mistsharks we knew we were going to see more of, but dragons? Unless they are one and the same, like a small and gigantic version. The dragon, while somewhat big wasn't big enough to swallow a ship whole, so mistsharks must be something else. Unless, swallowing a ship is mere exaggeration.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 12:40 PM   #8764
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Norwescon

Norwescon March 28–31!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 05:37 PM   #8765
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Law

Through March 31st, the audiobook edition of The Law is 80% off on Audible!
Old 03-10-2024, 06:31 PM   #8766
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Jim Butcher Announce

Get Your Own Sword of the Cross!

Jim's collaborating with Plus5Armory to create live, steal sharp versions of the Swords. It's still early days so I don't have any more information than that. If you watch their Facebook or Instagram, you'll see updates first.
_._,_._,_
Old 03-11-2024, 07:31 PM   #8767
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Get Your Own Sword of the Cross!

Jim's collaborating with Plus5Armory to create live, steal sharp versions of the Swords. It's still early days so I don't have any more information than that. If you watch their Facebook or Instagram, you'll see updates first.
_._,_._,_
I didn't know there would be demand for it. Maybe throw in a lightsaber as well. Maybe it is one of those: if you make it they will come.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 09:39 PM   #8768
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I didn't know there would be demand for it. Maybe throw in a lightsaber as well. Maybe it is one of those: if you make it they will come.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy