Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Transferring Notes

Is it possible to create notes in Handwriting application, then transfer them to PC?
I looked in Reader Library and didn't find the option.

Thanks,
A.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Hi, astra. You don't need the Reader Library to export notes from the handwriting application. Here's what I do:

1) Notes created in the handwriting application are stored on your ereader in the folder: database > media > notepad. Plug in your ereader via USB cable, and go to this folder. You will see files with a long string of numbers and the extension ".note".

2) I copy the .note file over to my hard-drive.

3) Then I rename the file extension from .note to .svg.

4) Then I open the renamed file on software that can read SVG files. For example, I open it in my Safari web browser. I have read that Firefox and Chrome work too. There is also a free Adobe SVG Viewer, which is a plug-in to your web browser if these options don't work for you.

5) Then I print to PDF. If you have the right software, then you can edit the file as well.

There are alternative methods discussed in this thread as well:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67714
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Bookworm_Girl
Thanks. I will try it.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote