Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
andyd
andyd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Question about collections

So I just got my Kindle last week and started to add books to it. I was wondering what I should expect when putting books into collections though. I thought I could clean up the home page by putting books into collections but those same books are still viewable outside of the collection - is this the expected behavior and cannot be modified
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Set it to show collections. Go all the way to the top of the screen then push right.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
If you use view 'By Collections' then items you put in Collections are not listed, but in all the other views ('Most Recent First', 'Title', 'Author') you get everything listed.

Personally I never use any view other than 'By Collections' - it just looks too cluttered to me otherwise.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
andyd
andyd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Much better thanks!
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote