Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
malligator
Enthusiast
malligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
Just got my K2 and it's running 2.3.3

Any idea when I can expect a firmware update? Will I be asked if I want to accept the update or is it just going to happen whether I like it or not?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
leedr
leedr began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by malligator View Post
Any idea when I can expect a firmware update? Will I be asked if I want to accept the update or is it just going to happen whether I like it or not?
Hard to say, based on what I've read, when you'll get your update. If you want to force an update, go here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...ur=forums&ses= and follow the instructions. It's really easy - connect the Kindle via USB, copy the file to the 'drive' that pops up, and then disconnect, run the update.

If you decide to wait and then get that update or 2.5.4 over the air, I'd be curious to know how long it takes before you get it automatically.
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
malligator
Enthusiast
malligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedr View Post
Hard to say, based on what I've read, when you'll get your update. If you want to force an update, go here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...ur=forums&ses= and follow the instructions. It's really easy - connect the Kindle via USB, copy the file to the 'drive' that pops up, and then disconnect, run the update.

If you decide to wait and then get that update or 2.5.4 over the air, I'd be curious to know how long it takes before you get it automatically.
Thanks. I went ahead and forced the 2.5.2 update. It was very easy. I'm going to wait and see how long it takes to get 2.5.3 over the air.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #4
Weaselboy
Weaselboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I just unboxed my new K2 today and was surprised to see it also had 2.3.3. I manually installed 2.5.2 and I guess will wait for 2.5.6 to appear as mentioned in another thread.

It was a little confusing to read the manual in PDF and turn on the new device and not see some of the features mentioned in the manual. Not a big deal for a nerd like me, but I can see a tech novice being thrown off a little.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I got my refurbished K2 yesterday afternoon. It updated to 2.5.4 all by itself in the time it took for me to look up how to do it manually.

I was impressed at how it was sent. I don't think there was anything in the packaging to indicate it was a refurbished unit, and it certainly looks brand new.
Advert
Old 07-22-2010, 03:33 AM   #6
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
I updated it with the download from kindle website today, it was simple to use
I am now enjoying my PDF enlargement
Closed Thread