Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
Charbax
Addict
Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

IAC Prodigy, first WiMax/HSDPA/EVDO/WiFi and touchscreen E-ink reader

Check what I found at Computex in Taiwan: http://techvideoblog.com/computex/ia...-ink-e-reader/

A new E-ink reader manufactured by IAC to integrate all of mobile WiMax, HSDPA, EVDO and WiFi as well as touchscreen input in the same device!

Sounds like a lot to me! Anyone else heard about this product before?

To me, if they release it unlocked for the worldwide markets at cheaper than the locked Kindle, and they make it run something like Android safely and nicely, this should be a Kindle killer as well..

I filmed a cool video of all the new Netronix E-Ink e-readers today, it should be online as well on my site pretty soon.

Please link and embed if you find this interesting thanks!
Charbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I saw this video (stumbled on it after watching the Pixel Qi one). It looks like a very interesting device. Thanks for the link!
The key word in all of the new devices, though, is "if". IF they release it in the US (or in Europe), IF it's unlocked, IF it runs more than one format, IF the new screen/controller is in it...
It's an exciting time for ebooks and ebook readers, but I'm ready for some definitive answers. Patience never was my thing.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48198
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote