Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
Acey
Acey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question Can html2epub create the OPF & NCX files?

I ran feeds2disk to pull down some feeds. I want to remove some of the feeds and re-order and add in some other feeds to create an EPUB file. The original material is no longer available online so I'm working purely from the html files feeds2disk created. Is there a way to have html2epub recreate the OPF & NCX files so the table of contents is accurate if the proper relative links are there in the html files?
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
feeds2disk creates opf and ncx files. And if you just pass the main html file to html2epub with the appropriate TOC creation options (you'll have to experiment) it should do the job.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2008, 12:10 PM   #3
Acey
Acey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thought I'd share the command-line options I used to generate a proper table of contents from a mix of feeds downloaded using feeds2disk. I first made sure the root index.html had proper links to each of the feeds' sub-directories' index.html files. Then I ran the following command on the root index.html file:

Code:
html2epub index.html --level1-toc=//*[@class="feed"] --level2-toc=//*[@class="article"]
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Kovid! Maybe this will help someone else, too.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:14 AM   #4
Gagan
Gagan began at the beginning.

Device: epub
from where can I download html2epub
Gagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:33 AM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan View Post
from where can I download html2epub
It's built in to the program, Calibre. If you have installed Calibre, you have the script html2epub. I'm pretty sure it's a python script, but not positive.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert