Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-25-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
patternlanguage
patternlanguage began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Should I register?

I've been running my jailbroken PW3 for about 3 years now. Haven't done much except change the fonts and screensaver.
Now I would really like to finally have the homescreen be more useful. I never registered the device – will this make the store and "start a list" banners disappear?
I'm worried that registering my device will brick it or inadvertently update it.

Device is PW3, FW 5.7.4

patternlanguage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 10:44 AM   #2
patternlanguage

Bump.. anyone?
Advert
Old 09-13-2022, 11:51 AM   #3
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternlanguage View Post
I've been running my jailbroken PW3 for about 3 years now. Haven't done much except change the fonts and screensaver.
Now I would really like to finally have the homescreen be more useful. I never registered the device – will this make the store and "start a list" banners disappear?
I'm worried that registering my device will brick it or inadvertently update it.

Device is PW3, FW 5.7.4

I don't really know. But...

> make the store and "start a list" banners disappear

I'd say definitely not.

> I'm worried that registering my device will brick it or inadvertently update it.

I don't think so. Hmm. It might update, and lose the JB. But you will be able to reinstall it. Which is a pain.

You could install koreader which might have screensaver functionality.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 12:30 PM   #4
patternlanguage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I don't really know. But...

> make the store and "start a list" banners disappear

I'd say definitely not.
I wish there was some way for the home screen to actually be useful on my PW3.

I mean, this entire screen is worthless to me:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sCVk3IV.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	287.8 KB
ID:	196495

Is there an extension to customize this screen?

Last edited by issybird; 09-13-2022 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Colossal image thumbnailed. Please read the guidelines for limits on image size before posting again.
Old 09-13-2022, 12:39 PM   #5
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Bump.. anyone?
993 days later... BUMP
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2022, 12:54 PM   #6
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
BTW I own a PW3, but never did JB... didn't find a compelling reason to try it.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 02:07 PM   #7
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:

Why not go to the library screen and never go to the home screen?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 02:25 PM   #8
luketheduke
Connoisseur
luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.

Device: PW3, PW2, KT2, 2xKT, 2xK3G
Quote:

Attachment 196495

You would have a tough time modifying the home screen itself, but you might be able to modify /usr/share/webkit-1.0/pillow/assets/search_bar/search_bar.js to launch the library view instead of the home screen view when you press the home button, and you would never have to see that screen.

Somthing like https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=178752.

Does anyone know the LIPC handler for the library?
luketheduke is offline   Reply With Quote