Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
Cuithinien
Nothing Original
Cuithinien began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch books not showing up

This bug has happened to me several times. After I send books to my Kindle Touch (using Calibre), it shows on my device and in Calibre that the books are on my device. However, if I shut down my device (and turn it back on again), the books will be missing (i.e. not showing). It still shows in Calibre that the books are on my device but the books do not display in my Kindle. The only thing that fixes this it is to revert to a previous state (via a previous backup). !
P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong forum to discuss this in, but the support guy here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/900782 sent me here.
P.P.S. More details if required.
Cuithinien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
ARE the books on the Kindle? ie, do they show up in the "documents" folder in Windows Explorer?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
.... and why are you "shutting down" the device? Or do you mean letting it go into a sleep state?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
Cuithinien
Nothing Original
Cuithinien began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Yes, they show up in Windows Explorer. I shut it down (restart it) because I may have wanted to install a hack. But even if I don't the new books don't show up, only the old books are still there.
Cuithinien is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle touch