Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
willyloco
Nameless Being

installing apps on pocketbook a10

Hi,
I have my pocketbook a10 for 4 months now. Surf time on the internet has increased to 7 hours now an I am very pleased with it.
The only thing that bothers me is installing apps on the SD card. When you do this the app is installed on the internal SD card.
Is there a way to move the app to the external SD card; then I couod get some more space
on my internal SD card to download stuff????
Old 04-23-2012, 05:23 AM   #2
O Buda
O Buda began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook a10
I think it is the limitation of the operating system, android 2.3.7, that one cannot install programs in the external card.

My opinion is not so positive of a10.
1. Random collapses of the OS.
2. After such a collapse or a restart initiated by me, it takes 5 to 10 trials
to bring the system back to a healthy state.
So if the machine works, I try not to turn it off, just turn its display off if I do not want to use it.

3. One cannot install external TTS voices into the machine, except the ones (max 4 at the same time) provided by Pocketbook. But even that is faulty, I cannot reinstall the English voices, for instance.
O Buda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2012, 02:05 AM   #3
willyloco
Nameless Being

I got the same answer from pocketbook support: limitation of the operating system.
I have no collapse problem , it actualy runs pretty smooth. And since battery time increased to 7 hours web surfing , I am quite pleased.
A problem that bothers me is that I cannot use a bluetooth headset while using Skype. PB support says it could be possible in the future though. So fingers crossed.

I tried to install another TTS packet so I deleted two packs I do not need. That went alright. Then I downloaded the TTS packet I need (it is a zip file) and copied it on the SD card. . How do I install this on the a10??