Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 11-18-2003, 03:25 PM   #1
tichkiir
tichkiir began at the beginning.

Device: T|T
A couple questions

Once you accidently get non-isilo docs listed in the doclist, is there any way to get them out other than removing the docs in question and refreshing the list? I tried unchecking the box to display them, but it seems that once they are listed they are listed for good. The only problem is, if I remove my SD card and refresh to get rid of them, then all my real iSilo docs get removed from categories as well.

So my second question - is there a way to change the category that is encoded during build without having to redownload the content? I currently build new docs into a category of today's date so I can tell what's new, but after I read them for the first time, I'd like to shove them in the category they should be in, without having to download the content again.

I love iSilo and use it daily on my commute, adding a dozen new docs a week sometimes, but god I wish I could add about 3 features to the palm reader! (Signifigantly more powerful doc listing interface (like a simple FM with dates/searching by title/sort by size), ability to change the hardcoded category in the pdb file when I change categories in the reader, some way to USE the info you can add about a title (like searching/filtering based on the Author field)).

Tich
Old 11-19-2003, 08:45 AM   #2
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Hmmm, what version are you using? I am still using 3.x and all I do is remove them from the list and they are gone for good.
Advert
Old 11-19-2003, 05:48 PM   #3
tichkiir
tichkiir began at the beginning.

Device: T|T
Version 4.0, but I think it used to happen in 3.5 too.

It's freaky, I had to do a hard reset once, and left my SD card in the whole time - ended up manually reinstalling all my apps because just doing a sync put it in the same crashloop that caused the hard reset. So I reinstall iSilo and of course it was set to automatically refresh and display all files. So it found all my mobipocket (or whatever) .prc files as well as all my iSilo files. And the prcs didn't disappear off the list until I removed the SD card, did a refresh, put it back in and refreshed with it only having display isilo files checked.