Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
strawberrykit
strawberrykit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Chinese Ebooks (Help for the Hapless)

Hi Everyone,

So for Christmas, I got my dad a Kindle3 and installed DuoKan on it so he would be able to read Chinese ebooks on it.

Of course, the part that I didn't think through, was where I was going to go for books.

I had considered getting him a reader with pre-loaded books (like the hanvon) but was concerned about it arriving on time/the ability to return it etc.

So now he has a kindle and the kindle reads Chinese but I have no books.

Ideally, what I'd like to do is go download (or buy) a 100 to 1000 book pack for him. He's fond of 武侠 books and I know he wants a copy of 本草纲目but beyond that I'm pretty clueless. (I can read Chinese but slowly and tediously.) Dad's a voracious reader too so I also don't know what books he has/hasn't read before.

Any thoughts/help? Please???

Thanks!
Strawberry
strawberrykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
KenJackson
Addict
KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Sony PRS-650
I don't read Chinese, but I got 501 results when I did this:
  • Go to overdrive.com,
  • Click on the Keyword Search tab in the search box,
  • Click on the Advanced Search link (small text, bottom of search box),
  • Select Chinese from the Language pulldown menu
  • Click the orange Search button.
Some of the books have a Find a Library link, some don't. So I'm not sure how you're supposed to get them or if they're for sale. Maybe that's in the Chinese text.
KenJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
nanotube
nanotube began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
You can search any books at www.baidu.com, its pretty much the Google in China. I searched 本草纲目 and this came up as the first link.
http://www.qisuu.com/Shtml1924.html

I should caution you that many of those ebook sites (you can search 电子书) give you tons of free content, however, I'm not sure if they have the legal rights to publish them.

Hope it helps
nanotube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
Wisely
Wisely began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Strawberry,

Go to check the website: http://www.haodoo.net/
It contains many Chinese books. All are in traditional Chinese.
Wisely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
You can maybe try something called Shucang. I don't know anything about it, but it's listed in the online reading catalog for Moon+ Reader on Android. You may have to do some configuring or manual downloading for Kindle. It's worth a look.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 03:37 AM   #6
yizhihouzi
yizhihouzi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
One of the websites I went to is bestchinesebooks.com ... they got a really good collections.
yizhihouzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:01 AM   #7
JohnRR
Connoisseur
JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Amazon China (z.cn) also sells books. For books such as 本草纲目 that are in the public domain, you can find it in various sites such as http://zh.wikisource.org/wiki/Wikiso...A6%96%E9%A1%B5
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #8
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Check your local library.

You can also find a selection of public domain Chinese-language books at Project Gutenberg.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:01 PM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Not in the original Chinese but Robert van Gulik translated a book of Chinese tales under the title of Celebrated Cases of Judge Dee and some tales with Judge Dee that he wrote are available at Amazon for the Kindle.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote