Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-29-2011, 06:18 AM   #1
bmkoknl
bmkoknl began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
update pocket edge to ermine

hi guys!,

i have a little problem (i think). I own an entourage pocket edge, currently running ermine, which i think is quite excellent. my parents, after trying out mine, decided they would like the device as well, so i ordered one for them.
it is currently being shipped over to the netherlands.
my question, does anyone have the update.zip for conversion to ermine? i'm afraid that with entourage shutting down their site, i'll be forced to use android 1.6....

o, one other question: is it just me, or does the entourage customer service suck? why the hell did they have to discontinue the site as well as the device?
bmkoknl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:33 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome to MobileRead, bmkoknl!

I can't answer your last question, but here's a link that should get you the Ermine update.zip: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134237.

I would like to know whether it is still possible to upgrade to Ermine directly through a PE. Let me know if you find out, okay??

Good luck! Hope your parents enjoy their eDGe.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
MarciaKaye
MarciaKaye began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
I'm new to Pocket Edge. Since, I got the PE after they closed the Entourage store and stopped offering support, I'm a little nervous about making changes. I'm thinking about updating Dingo to Ermine. Is there any reason not to do that?
MarciaKaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaKaye View Post
I'm new to Pocket Edge. Since, I got the PE after they closed the Entourage store and stopped offering support, I'm a little nervous about making changes. I'm thinking about updating Dingo to Ermine. Is there any reason not to do that?
I believe the general consensus is that there are no major problems that come from an ermine update. It is not like the EE that gets numerous downfalls once the update occurs.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokel22 View Post
I believe the general consensus is that there are no major problems that come from an ermine update. It is not like the EE that gets numerous downfalls once the update occurs.
There is one issue - the microsd card support is lacking in ermine.
I heard 1.6 works, but not Ermine.
Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
Gary
Do you mean that people can't store books etc. on the micro SD card and read them from there or are you referring to the fact that apps can't be moved there?
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #7
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Do you mean that people can't store books etc. on the micro SD card and read them from there or are you referring to the fact that apps can't be moved there?
I can move files to and from the sd card using es explorer or any of the file management tools, but I cannot move apps there with app2sd, for example.

In order to do that, I had to go through his convoluted process of switching mount points, partitioning the sdcard into 2 partitions, and using link2sd to be able to move apps(thanks Kenny for figuring it out). It's very error prone and you can mess up your session if you accidentally umount the sdcard like I did last night.

Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #8
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
Gary
I knew there was something I was missing, thanks garyhgaryh.

Yes this is true, if you need more than 322mb for apps (I don't, but many others do), then there is a work around to fix that, that can be troubling. The irony is, if you stay at android 1.5 you probably will not need the appstosd feature because there are not as many big apps that will run on 1.5.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:02 AM   #9
MarciaKaye

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. It's great to have this forum. Been reading threads for several hours and feeling better abut buying PE after they closed.

What is es eXplorer?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #10
MarciaKaye

Never mind on the es explorer question. Just saw it on my desktop or the tablet side.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:09 AM   #11
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgepro View Post
everything you need to know about upgrading and fixing your bricked pocket edge can be found here: http://deviceplanet.com/2011/ermine-...d-pocket-edge/
Why refer to your site when all the information needed is here? It also looks as if you have copied the information from here in the first place.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #12
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
this guy is spamming few posts. everything is here. we have a community here. we do not need to go anywhere else especially on a site that just do copy/paste
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ermine, pocket edge, update