Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM   #9496
O_P_T
O_P_T began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Yeah, I have the same issue with literotica as well. Today I noted the change in the GUI of literotica. Didn't have it yesterday and can't figure out why it changed.

I'd had the beta test option off all along, tried enabling it then disabling it. Cleared cache and data in Chrome, still no luck downloading or updating stories.

I think I might know the problem. When I click on the blue arrow next to the author's name in Calibre, I go to the author's "about" page, not a list of his stories.

So for the author WyrdWilly the blue Calibre arrow puts you here EDIT

but the url for his stories is this EDIT

So my best guess is that the error message I get for trying to download "The Cheesecake Model Who Wasn't" is that the "memberpage.php?uid=7484466&page=submissions>" string no longer points to the url where the stories are listed.

Here's the full error message.

Couldn't find story EDIT
Moderator Notice
Please don't post in NSFW links in thread.

Last edited by JimmXinu; Yesterday at 11:59 AM. Reason: Remove NSFW links
O_P_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM   #9497
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Test Version Posted

2024-04-24
- adapter_literotica: Beta site changes #1058
- Ficbook.net More metadata collection #1064 Thanks, dbhmw

Change for literotica aren't hugely tested. Also, I fully expect further site changes.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM   #9498
Clarkster
Clarkster began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
@Clarkster: Just mentioning that NSFW links aren't really allowed on MR. Since it's an erotica site I'm just assuming everything on there is NSFW.
I picked a "Sci-Fi & Fantasy" story/example that I don't believe would be NSFW (it has a small amount of cursing, but no sex). I wanted to provide a legitimate example of the problem as it relates to the site -- I can edit or delete the post if is is breaking the MR rules.
Clarkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM   #9499
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkster View Post
I picked a "Sci-Fi & Fantasy" story/example that I don't believe would be NSFW (it has a small amount of cursing, but no sex). I wanted to provide a legitimate example of the problem as it relates to the site -- I can edit or delete the post if is is breaking the MR rules.
While I appreciate the effort, it's a site called litErotica. Even the banner ads are explicit.

Moderator Notice
For everyone: Please don't post in NSFW links in this thread.

Use PM or github to transmit NSFW site URLs.
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #9500
MrKonan
MrKonan began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/Kindle App
Thanks for the test version Got most of what I needed added/updated done. But it's having issue with a story series. (see log file)

Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Error
Unknown
Unknown
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_text'
https://www.<lit-e>.com/s/lilacs-in-bloom-pt-01
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmplez97b_w.txt (7.1 KB, 9 views)
MrKonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM   #9501
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2024-04-24
- adapter_literotica: Not all chapters have Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKonan View Post
Thanks for the test version Got most of what I needed added/updated done. But it's having issue with a story series. (see log file)
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM   #9502
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2024-04-24
- Ficbook.net Add chapter dates for TOC #1065 Thanks, dbhmw
Old Today, 09:14 AM   #9503
w4tchdoge
w4tchdoge began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Exclamation Generate Covers embeds generated cover into the EPUB when set to not embed

Hi again. I'm sorry that I keep coming back with more cover related issues but I'm currently having some problems with preventing covers generated using the GC plugin from embedding into an EPUB file.

I'm mostly going to talk about SB and SV since I don't have any stories i follow on QQ that have a cover.

I am currently testing this with this SB thread and this SV thread. My settings in "Calibre Cover" section of the FFF GUI settings page are as follows. I've moved the GC settings for XenForo stories from the INI file to the GUI in case that was influencing something, and I've made sure that "Inject/update the generated cover inside EPUB" is unchecked and that "Generate Calibre Cover" is set to "Yes, Always". My INI settings for [base_xenforoforum], [forums.spacebattles.com], and [forums.sufficientvelocity.com] are below:
Spoiler:
Code:
[base_xenforoforum]
add_to_exclude_metadata_pre:
 prefix_tags=~Commission

legend_spoilers:true

user_agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/124.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

add_to_extratags:,From CrW Forums

add_to_custom_columns_settings:
 dateUpdated=>#fff_dateupdated
 numChapters=>#fff_chapter_count
 status=>#fff_status
 numWords=>#fff_words
 cover_image=>#cover_type

[base_xenforoforum:epub]
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,normalized_storyUrl
include_in_normalized_storyUrl:storyUrl

add_to_replace_metadata:
 normalized_storyUrl=>(https?:\/\/forums?\..*?\.com\/(threads|posts)\/)(.*\.)?(\d+\/)(\?post.\d+.*\D(\d+))?=>\1\4\5

titlepage_start:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
 <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
 <head>
 <title>${title} by ${author}</title>
 <link href="stylesheet.css" type="text/css" charset="UTF-8" rel="stylesheet"/>
 </head>
 <body class="fff_titlepage">
 <div class="title">
 <h2><a href="${normalized_storyUrl}">${title}</a> by ${authorHTML}</h2>
 </div>
 <hr id="underTitle-horRule">
 <div>

titlepage_entry:
 <b>${label}:</b> ${value}<br />

titlepage_end:
 </div>
 </body>
 </html>

## ------------------------------------------------

[forums.spacebattles.com]
username:XXXXXXXX
password:XXXXXXXX
#always_login:true

#use_browser_cache:true
#use_browser_cache_only:true
#open_pages_in_browser:true

use_threadmark_wordcounts:true
#use_flaresolverr_proxy:true

add_to_extratags:,From SB

add_to_extra_valid_entries:,prefix_tags
include_in_prefix_tags:forumtags,tagsfromtitle

#generate_cover_settings:
# ${publisher}=>spacebattles.com=>SpaceBattles
# ${cover_image} => ((specific)|(first)|(default)|(^$)) => SpaceBattles

add_to_replace_metadata:
 prefix_tags=>^(.*)=>[SB] [t] \1

include_subject_tags:prefix_tags,extratags

## ------------------------------------------------

[forums.sufficientvelocity.com]
username:XXXXXXXX
password:XXXXXXXX
always_login:true

add_to_extratags:,From SV

add_to_extra_valid_entries:,prefix_tags
include_in_prefix_tags:forumtags,tagsfromtitle

#generate_cover_settings:
# ${publisher}=>sufficientvelocity.com=>SufficientVelocity
# ${cover_image} => ((specific)|(first)|(default)|(^$)) => SufficientVelocity

add_to_replace_metadata:
 prefix_tags=>^(.*)=>[SV] [t] \1

include_subject_tags:prefix_tags,extratags

When I try to download the test threads I mentioned with these settings and check the internal files using Calibre's EPUB editor, I see the GC generated cover as the cover.jpg for both the SB story and the SV story.

If I then disable GC for SpaceBattles and SufficientVelocity through the GUI, the EPUB covers are now what is displayed on the story's SB / SV thread.

I've reviewed my INI & GUI settings a few times now and I haven't found anything egregiously wrong, but seeing as I've previously missed some pretty obvious things I'd like to ask if anyone knows what's going on here.

In case you need the info:
  • Calibre version: 7.8.0 (Was on 7.9.0 but I downgraded to see if the issue persisted)
  • FFF version: 4.33.0
  • Windows version: Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 64bit (taken from FFF job details)
  • Generate Cover version: 2.3.4
w4tchdoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:00 AM   #9504
MrKonan
MrKonan began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Test Version Posted

2024-04-24
- Ficbook.net Add chapter dates for TOC #1065 Thanks, dbhmw
Thanks for the test versions.. It's working great for the past couple of days.
MrKonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:36 AM   #9505
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4tchdoge View Post
When I try to download the test threads I mentioned with these settings and check the internal files using Calibre's EPUB editor, I see the GC generated cover as the cover.jpg for both the SB story and the SV story.

If I then disable GC for SpaceBattles and SufficientVelocity through the GUI, the EPUB covers are now what is displayed on the story's SB / SV thread.
I've copied your settings to an otherwise empty library and I don't see this happening.

I see the thread cover inside the epub and the GC cover in Calibre. Even after deliberately using Polish book to inject the GC cover and then updating, the epub has the thread cover.

You already covered most of the failure cases I can think of, so I'm rather at a loss. Some ideas are:

If you are doing one of the 'Update Calibre Metadata' update options that will not change the cover inside epub.

Trying to keep the ebook cover and the Calibre cover different probably isn't going to be easy. Calibre's Convert book, Send to device, and Save to disk all automatically inject Calibre's metadata and cover into the ebook as it is converted/sent/saved. And probably a few other places I've forgotten.

Oh! That's a good possibility: Inside Edit book, open Preferences, look for 'Integration with Calibre' (bottom left), and in that, see if 'Update metadata embedded in the book when opening' is checked. Because that will also inject the cover whenever you edit a book.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	6
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	207823
Old Today, 12:36 PM   #9506
w4tchdoge
w4tchdoge began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Quote:
Oh! That's a good possibility: Inside Edit book, open Preferences, look for 'Integration with Calibre' (bottom left), and in that, see if 'Update metadata embedded in the book when opening' is checked. Because that will also inject the cover whenever you edit a book.
This seems to be what was causing cover injection, I unchecked that tickbox and GC covers aren't injected anymore when I open the test stories with Calibre's e-book editor. I also opened the epub using Sigil before trying it with Calibre and it seems like that integration option was indeed the one causing injection. Thank you for the tip!

Quote:
Calibre's Convert book, Send to device, and Save to disk all automatically inject Calibre's metadata and cover into the ebook as it is converted/sent/saved. And probably a few other places I've forgotten.
Bit of a bummer that my mobile devices won't preserve the original cover but it makes sense why that would be the case, and at least it will be there in Calibre.

Thank you again for your help!
w4tchdoge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction