Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-08-2017, 08:43 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Perhaps slightly off-topic for the "Reading Recs" forum, but I'm going to see the play "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone else had seen it?

It seems to have had rave reviews, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Are they still sold out? When did you book your tickets?

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the play(s).

I wonder what the theatre contract says about publishing a novelisation of the play. (Presumably she won't have followed the example of Agatha Christie! )
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2017, 09:07 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Are they still sold out? When did you book your tickets?

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the play(s).

I wonder what the theatre contract says about publishing a novelisation of the play. (Presumably she won't have followed the example of Agatha Christie! )
I actually bought my ticket this morning . It's sold out a year in advance, but they release a small number of tickets for each performance a couple of days in advance of that performance, and I was fortunate enough to nab one at 6 o'clock this morning. 10 minutes later there were none left! (As you know, I'm staying in London at the moment for a course.) They show both parts of the play on Saturdays and Sundays, and the ticket is for the same seat for both parts, so part 1 is at 1pm tomorrow, and part 2 at 6:30pm. I'm feeling quite excited about seeing it!

The script of the play's been published, which I've deliberately not read, because I always intended to go and see the play at some point, but I don't know if there'll ever be a novelisation.

I'll certainly report back on it after I've seen it .

Last edited by HarryT; 07-08-2017 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:24 PM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I think the book is simply the script rather than a novelization of the play.

I'll be interested in what you think of it as well. While I'm a big Harry Potter fan, I've been avoiding the script.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:03 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

That was absolutely fabulous! I won't give away any spoilers (people who see the play are specifically asked not to), but it's a good story and the special effects are nothing short of amazing - I just don't know how many of them are done. All the cast are excellent.

If you're ever in London, do try to see it. Very highly recommended.
Advert
Old 07-10-2017, 03:27 AM   #6
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The script of the play's been published, which I've deliberately not read, because I always intended to go and see the play at some point, but I don't know if there'll ever be a novelisation.
It will likely not become a novel, but there has been announced an updated version of the script:
Quote:
The script is a Special Rehearsal Edition, which will be replaced by a Definitive Collector’s Edition at an unconfirmed date.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:21 PM   #7
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
I read the script and enjoyed it, so it's great to hear the play is doing well. By coincidence, I'm seeing the "Fantastic Beasts" movie this evening. The special effects in the preview look incredible.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote