Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-21-2016, 10:20 AM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Brooklyn offered me a preview this morning. Didn't click on it... figured I'd wait until they forced me to use it.
You should know what you are in for. It's not nice.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #62
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You should know what you are in for. It's not nice.
I've given my opinion
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2016, 11:12 AM   #63
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Actually didn't have the time this morning, was picking up a hold to put on my Kindle. Will look later (if I remember).
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:54 PM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just remembered the thread that was started on the new Overdrive. This isn't it and should be merged. Nothing to see here. Please go to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=266837 and have a read.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:27 PM   #65
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
I just remembered the thread that was started on the new Overdrive. This isn't it and should be merged. Nothing to see here. Please go to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=266837 and have a read.
Never mind

Last edited by Purple Lady; 10-21-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2016, 02:42 PM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
That's for the new Overdrive in 2015. This one is new for 2016.
Actually, it's the same new. It's just that a lot of libraries didn't adopt it back then. I do belong to one library that did adopt it and it is the same as what you see when you go to try out the new Overdrive.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:33 PM   #67
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Actually, it's the same new. It's just that a lot of libraries didn't adopt it back then. I do belong to one library that did adopt it and it is the same as what you see when you go to try out the new Overdrive.
I stand corrected.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:04 PM   #68
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Quote:
My county library will be adopting the "new" version of Overdrive. I do think they're doing it because they are also dropping 3M library effective Nov 30, 2016. Supposedly all the stuff available on 3M will be available with the new Overdrive if they weren't already.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:33 PM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

This is the thread we should be using to talk about the upcoming new version of Overdrive. The new crappy version of Overdrive.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:44 PM   #70
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
My county library will be adopting the "new" version of Overdrive. I do think they're doing it because they are also dropping 3M library effective Nov 30, 2016. Supposedly all the stuff available on 3M will be available with the new Overdrive if they weren't already.
That's interesting! Usually people (like me) have the issue that their library dropped Overdrive in favor of 3M. The new Overdrive look is somewhat similar to 3M's mobile device look so I think you will not mind it as much. It's not as big a change for you. In fact you will probably be happier about the experience overall!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:48 PM   #71
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Aaack! I can't believe they're messing with Overdrive again. Seems like just yesterday we had that long thread after their last round of stupid changes.
My first thoughts as well upon seeing this thread. I still find myself kissing my teeth about these changes and now we're back again
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:19 PM   #72
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
All 3 of my library have the preview. It doesn't stick by the way as of yet. You can check it out and then go back to the old view. My local library decided to pick bright pink as the backround and banner color, bright fushia really. While the other uses blue. That pink burned my retinas. Can't blame that on Overdrive, someone picked that.

Take it back, only 2 of my libraries have the preview, the third does not show it.

I'll get used to it. Some additional functions I do like.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 12:30 PM   #73
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Agree! The wishlist should be four across. It's too big with two.

Also, when you look at the site in general on a phone, all of the icons look huge. Too much scrolling required.
I haven't tried looking at it on my Sony reader yet. I don't download directly from the library very often but do use it occasionally when I'm away from home. I'm expecting it to look horrible!
At least on my Windows PC I was able to shrink things somewhat.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 12:51 PM   #74
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I'll get used to it. Some additional functions I do like.
What enhancements or improvements do you see in the new interface?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:08 PM   #75
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
One of my libraries already made the switch and the hold process is much improved. Fewer clicks and less backtracking to get where you were.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote