Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
macgeek21
macgeek21 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
ebook library software crashes

Hi i just my brand new sony reader prs 505 today. when i tried to install the software onto my computer it seems like it installs ok but when i try to run the program it crahes right when it launches. i am run windows vista(home premium) with 2 gb of ram intel core 2 duo in 32 bit mode running at 1.8 ghz. anyone know what the problem might be?
macgeek21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Add it to DEP exception list.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
macgeek21
macgeek21 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
and how do i do that?
macgeek21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Possible solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek21 View Post
Hi i just my brand new sony reader prs 505 today. when i tried to install the software onto my computer it seems like it installs ok but when i try to run the program it crahes right when it launches. i am run windows vista(home premium) with 2 gb of ram intel core 2 duo in 32 bit mode running at 1.8 ghz. anyone know what the problem might be?
There are two courses of action to take. First, make sure you downloaded the software from the Sony eBook site:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/downloadclient.html

I am using version 2.0.00.07200.

Second, see if Vista enables Legacy XP software to run. Right click on your desktop icon and click on the Compatability Pane. This version of Sony eLibrary may require Windows XP or Compatablity Mode in Vista.

This version is supposed to run in Vista but there are many versions of Vista. You may need compatablity mode.

Last edited by sirmaru; 04-10-2008 at 09:32 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote