Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-24-2013, 05:00 AM   #1
idraw22
Zealot
idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3, jetbook mini, sony clie, sony prs-T1
Dedicated with folders?

Hi,

Needed to know if there are any dedicated ereaders that acknowledge folders other than Jetbook and Aluratek?
idraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:51 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
The cybooks do that
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
And Onyx and PocketBook.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by idraw22 View Post
Hi,

Needed to know if there are any dedicated ereaders that acknowledge folders other than Jetbook and Aluratek?
The Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro and it's Hanlin clones (BeBook is one). Of course they are outdated and there is no more support for them. But they are e-ink, which Jetbook and Aluratek are not.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
pwnn
Enthusiast
pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook Touch
The Nook STR.
pwnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Kindles, after installation of kindlepdfviewer(KOReader) or Duokan.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2466450
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150175
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnn View Post
The Nook STR.
I would like to see some pictures of this. I have been looking around the web and don't see any indication that the STR has a file manager.

I see the wiki says "folder navigation" yes....if anyone could point to a link with pictures, I would be thankful.

Last edited by booklover6; 07-25-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #8
iamosam
Enthusiast
iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You can add folders (with books) to NSTR. Go to library and select all files option for the folder view. You can also add folders to an SD card and then select the SD card from the (source?) menu in library.

And this does work without rooting.
iamosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
pwnn
Enthusiast
pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I would like to see some pictures of this. I have been looking around the web and don't see any indication that the STR has a file manager.

I see the wiki says "folder navigation" yes....if anyone could point to a link with pictures, I would be thankful.
Nook hooked up to the computer. The main view and the view of folders created under My Files/Books

When I use Calibre I choose "save to disk" and then send the files to to the folders I created. You can also just drag and drop folders and books over. This works on the Nook itself or a card.

As said these can be viewed on the Nook by selecting "My Files" from the drop down menu (which includes "All", "Books", "Shelves"). Click on My Files and you'll see "Books" Docs" Newspaper" folders. I put my stuff under Books but you could easily create folders up a level or two.

These books can also still be viewed as single files under the "Books" view and sorted by Tilte, Author, Most Recent
Old 07-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnn View Post
As said these can be viewed on the Nook by selecting "My Files" from the drop down menu (which includes "All", "Books", "Shelves"). Click on My Files and you'll see "Books" Docs" Newspaper" folders. I put my stuff under Books but you could easily create folders up a level or two.
Does this work for the internal memory, or just the SD card? I have a vague recollection that at one time at least, the nook used to do some sort of annoying partitioning of its storage space such that most of it was only available for B&N-purchased content.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #11
pwnn
Enthusiast

It works on both. The internal memory is indeed partitioned with most going to Nook purchases. I don't really use it, I just side load my Nook purchases through Calibre for better sorting.

240mb is available on the Nook device itself for side loading and I have about 400 books on that but I also use a sd card for documents, non fiction, very large files etc.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #12
idraw22
Zealot
idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3, jetbook mini, sony clie, sony prs-T1
Nook STR? I didn't know it could do that. When I played with it in the store, I never noticed it had folders. I just have all these school study folders and would like the files not spread all over. The Bebook may be classic, but if it's still a good reader, (if I can find one). It's always nice to have a second option.
idraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:37 AM   #13
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
I am sad that the nook str won't be improved on, with a decent frontlight and a higher resolution, what with its ease of hacking, it would be the best!
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #14
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Yes, the Nook STR does it. I was surprised when I discovered it myself.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #15
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Well, I just had to buy one to play with this feature. Now hopefully I can smuggle it into the house unnoticed....