Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #91
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Love it!

What goes around comes around, this is only the beginning of the backwash. Sell your apple stock now.

Good advice. Google's stock is doing better anyway:

http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2012/09/18...-google-stock/
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #92
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Good advice. Google's stock is doing better anyway:

http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2012/09/18...-google-stock/
Yikes.

I hadn't paid much attention to Google's stock in a while (then again, I don't look much at stocks other than the couple I have interest in), but that's pretty impressive. Think they'll beat their all-time record they had in 2007?
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #93
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Now Apple is being accused of out right stealing the design for the iOS6 clock. So much for innovation:

http://gizmodo.com/5945008/apple-tot...s-6-ipad-clock

Obviously, they didn't steal anything from Google Maps and decided to go it alone:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88J19U20120921

Be careful if you happen to be using Apple maps driving to the Norwegian town of Lekens.

Rough start for iOS6.
So much for the "just works" mantra. Yet, users will continue to blindly praise the company and its botched software.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #94
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
users will continue to blindly praise the company
All of them or just a small portion?
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #95
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
The loud ones.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #96
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Just the ones who do.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #97
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok. Small portion then.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #98
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Yikes.

I hadn't paid much attention to Google's stock in a while (then again, I don't look much at stocks other than the couple I have interest in), but that's pretty impressive. Think they'll beat their all-time record they had in 2007?
I believe it is very possible. With continued momentum of smartphones and tablets, and YouTube, along with the expansion of Google Fiber + Google TV , it is very possible and highly likely Google will beat the 2007 mark. Google Fiber isn't just a test, it has the potential to become the standard. Imagine Gigabit Internet access 100 times faster than what you presently have + TV all for $120 a month, or even less. Now that's innovation.

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-21-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #99
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Obviously, they didn't steal anything from Google Maps and decided to go it alone:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88J19U20120921

Be careful if you happen to be using Apple maps driving to the Norwegian town of Leknes.
There is an interesting collection on 9gag: http://9gag.com/gag/5419582

I especially like what is in the 4th one:
Quote:
Art should be difficult. Art should make us question the world we inhabit. Art should take us into the unknown. iOS 6 maps are art.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #100
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
There is an interesting collection on 9gag: http://9gag.com/gag/5419582

I especially like what is in the 4th one:

Funny stuff.

The last one is classic.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #101
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Yikes.

That didn't take long:

http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2012/09/24/google-stock/
Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #102
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

From article:

Quote:
Google's new milestone, which brings the companies market cap to $247 billion, comes just three days before the company officially celebrates its 14th birthday.
Apple was 656 billion on Friday. Google is a good business, but they have to climb some more to reach apple. They might in a few years...Apple cannot grow for ever.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...ak-1-trillion/
Old 09-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #103
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
From article:

Apple was 656 billion on Friday. Google is a good business, but they have to climb some more to reach apple. They might in a few years...Apple cannot grow for ever.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...ak-1-trillion/

Thing is, Apple is relying on a very limited selection of hardware to fuel their growth and are doing it in a closed ecosystem. That only works when you have great hardware, and as we have seen in the past that almost certainly can't last. At some point I would expect Google to surpass Apple in value as they have a much broader portfolio and are driving or attempting to drive technological innovations on a lot of fronts right now. From a cloud based os to self-driving cars and everyting in between, they are truly innovating. Where as Apple's last two best known innovations, Siri and Maps, were mostly bought. And most other aspects of what they are doing are simply catching up to the competition (iPhone 5 size, LTE, processor speed, etc). Sure, not everything Google tries is successful (Google TV), but that's life on the bleeding edge. They have a lot of irons in the fire right now.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm no fanboy and neither company is what I would consider "good", I have major issues with the way each does business. But I am much more interested with what comes out of Google these days than Apple. You just never know what the heck they will come up with, it's fun to watch.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #104
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
I...did not expect that to happen THAT quickly.

But, I do agree with what you said earlier about their Fiber and TV stuff. Having that kind of innertubes AND TV's for $120~ a month? I would be standing on the roof shouting (in my best Phillip J. Fry impression) "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #105
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
Thing is, Apple is relying on a very limited selection of hardware to fuel their growth and are doing it in a closed ecosystem.
I understand your point --- one failure and the ship goes down.

But Apple hardware has usually excellent. Not just phones -- laptops are excellent and copied, iPad is excellent and copied, even iMac.

If competitors are waiting for a failure to move ahead of apple they might wait a long time. Limited selection is a strength not a weakness. I think it lets them focus on the details.

from quoted article: "And don’t forget those clunky old PCs. While other computer makers have lost ground, sales of Macs have grown each quarter for the past six years."

Quote:
At some point I would expect Google to surpass Apple in value as they have a much broader portfolio and are driving or attempting to drive technological innovations on a lot of fronts right now. From a cloud based os to self-driving cars and everyting in between, they are truly innovating.
But how many of those are successful businesses right now? Google is hoping that they become a successful business, while what Apple is producing in limited models already are successful businesses.

Quote:
it's fun to watch.
I agree.

Articles about driverless cars:

http://www.economist.com/node/21560989