Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Sony book collection transfer to Kobo Touch?

You know, when I first joined mobileread I wondered why people needed more than one ebook reader - now I understand!

My ereader developed a fault at the end of July - switching itself on after complete shutdown, cycling rapidly between page & screensaver until the battery went flat, buttons not doing what they were supposed to... and it was repaired under warranty (via Waterstones Customer Services) and returned to me at the end of August.

Three days ago it started doing all the same things as before. So, I phoned Waterstones CS again yesterday and it has been sent back to Sony...

...I'm torn between being annoyed that the fault has reappeared and pleased that the date on the receipt shows that I bought it on 25 November 2010 - so it JUST meets the 1 year warranty free repair conditions

I want to buy another ereader but I don't want to have to download all my ebooks again - am I correct in thinking that the Kobo touch would be a good choice as it can handle the same files as the Sony?

TL;DR
I need a back-up ereader and I have a voucher that will enable me to buy a Kobo Touch for £99. Can someone confirm that it will be easy to load the Kobo with the books I already have for my Sony?

Thank you.

Last edited by Witty Username; 11-26-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I believe both Kobo and Sony use the same Adobe DRM, so in theory you should be able to authorize the Kobo on your same Adobe account and still be able to read the books.

If the books aren't DRMed then you have nothing to worry about as long as they are epub files.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert