Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
smaziz
smaziz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
python function terminated... mac os x

I can't seem to find a solution to this problem. This is the error code, python function terminated unexpectedly : no plugin to handle input format :zip.

what does that mean, please help! thank you!

edit: heres the full version:

calibre, version 0.8.24
ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Convert book 1 of 1 (Mini Shopaholic)

Convert book 1 of 1 (Mini Shopaholic)
Python function terminated unexpectedly: No plugin to handle input format: zip
Processing archive...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Volumes/calibre-0.8.24/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 147, in main
return run_entry_point()
File "/Volumes/calibre-0.8.24/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 116, in run_entry_point
return getattr(pmod, func)()
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 187, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 31, in gui_convert_override
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 22, in gui_convert
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 650, in __init__
ValueError: No plugin to handle input format: zip

Last edited by smaziz; 11-01-2011 at 12:10 AM. Reason: addition of info.
smaziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaziz View Post
I can't seem to find a solution to this problem. This is the error code, python function terminated unexpectedly : no plugin to handle input format :zip.
Have you turned off your ZIP plugin? Perhaps to prevent HTML-> ZIP conversion?

Check your Preferences, Plugins, File Type plugins and see if any are grayed out.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That means you are trying to convert a zip file that does not contain a recognizable ebook inside it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:04 AM   #4
DeltChar
DeltChar began at the beginning.

Device: Original Nook
Same Error

Alright, I downloaded a set of webpages from a website. It put everything in nice little folders for each level. Each book has it's own index.htm file in the folder (multiple books). I'm just trying to convert one book out of the set. So I used to Calibre to import it's index.htm file. It zipped everything into a nice little folder including all the images. I am now trying to convert this book into epub or pdf but I keep running into the error:

Code:
ValueError: No plugin to handle input format: zip
I'm not sure why I'm running into this error. According to above, there's not a recognizable ebook in the zip file. But Calibre made this Zip file from the index.htm file, so how can there not be a book there. I've already edited the HTML > ZIP Plugin to use "Breadth First Order" and the plugin is enabled (obviously since it creates the Zip file).

What am I doing wrong?
DeltChar is offline   Reply With Quote