Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 11-04-2003, 07:41 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Exclamation iSilo + iSiloX V4.01 Beta out - Bug Report here

** Please post your problems with the new iSilo / iSiloX beta here. If possible, Also mention your PDA device and your system information (accessible in iSilo via Tools->System Information) . **

iSilo V4.01b1: http://www.isilo.com/info/beta/

Addresses the following issues:

All platforms:
  • Text encoded with multi-byte encodings and text requiring multi-byte processing may result in characters spaced at certain intervals not displaying correctly.

iSilo for Palm OS®:
  • On Palm OS 5 devices, when a non-device font is used, underlining of text does not appear.
  • When opening a password protected document, but canceling the open when prompted for the password, the document settings may be overwritten.
  • On the Tungsten T3, if a dialog is invoked while in full screen mode, the status bar is not rehidden after exiting the dialog.
  • UTF-8 encoded documents display very slowly

iSiloX V4.01b1: http://www.isilox.com/info/beta/

Adds the following new features:

All platforms:
  • Added support for id attribute in div tag to serve as a hyperlink target.

Addresses the following issues:

All platforms:
  • CSS data containing non-ASCII characters may result in incorrect formatting of content.
  • Tables containing cells with large rowspans may fail to convert.
  • If a file is specified as UTF-16 encoded and has an odd number of bytes, conversion may hang.
  • If a file has multiple meta tags, only the first one is used, whereas the last should be used.
  • When using the option to include tables reachable only up to a certain level, the converted document may display blank and show a fixed percentage of 99%.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:31 AM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Palm OS 4.x, overclocked with Afterburner.

Since iSilo V4.0, I am having screen redrawing problems sometimes when I downward scroll a document. Several lines of text disappear and only if I drag the screen up and down does the text reappear. In iSilo V4.01b1, this seems to occur even more frequently.
Advert
Old 11-18-2003, 02:51 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Clie N760CD, OS 4.0, iSilo V4.01 B1:

Problem: the document's left margin on the Clie display seems to begin at a minus coordinate, i.e. part of the first letter in the first column is not visible.

In iSiloX, I enabled "ignore all paddings" and "ignore all margins".
Attached Files
File Type: ixl FreeBSD Cheats.ixl (2.9 KB, 669 views)
File Type: pdb FreeBSD Cheat Sheets.pdb (117.3 KB, 545 views)
Old 11-18-2003, 04:05 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus

Since iSilo V4.0, I am having screen redrawing problems sometimes when I downward scroll a document. Several lines of text disappear and only if I drag the screen up and down does the text reappear. In iSilo V4.01b1, this seems to occur even more frequently.
I have the same problem, on a not overclocked OS 4.x device. See attached screenshots.

Screen01.png: The initial part of the document which I reached by scrolling down pagewise.

Screen02.png: The next page when scrolled down.

Screen03.png: A half page dragged up again.

Screen04.png: The page with the content how it should appear if everything was fine.

It appears that iSilo 4.x has a display bug when a new paragraph starts with a header font.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen01.png
Views:	486
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	189   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen02.png
Views:	579
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	190   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen03.png
Views:	515
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	191   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen04.png
Views:	567
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	192  
Old 11-18-2003, 10:41 AM   #5
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
FWIW, I have been having the same problem, which is why, since your description does not mention that this has been fixed, I am not putting the beta on. radleyp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
I have the same problem, on a not overclocked OS 4.x device. See attached screenshots.

Screen01.png: The initial part of the document which I reached by scrolling down pagewise.

Screen02.png: The next page when scrolled down.

Screen03.png: A half page dragged up again.

Screen04.png: The page with the content how it should appear if everything was fine.

It appears that iSilo 4.x has a display bug when a new paragraph starts with a header font.
Advert
Old 11-18-2003, 12:34 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by radleyp
FWIW, I have been having the same problem, which is why, since your description does not mention that this has been fixed, I am not putting the beta on. radleyp
Only that I have had this problem since the final V4.0. The bug appears to occur more frequently with the new beta though.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:42 PM   #7
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
My memory being not as sharp as I would like, I cannot say with certainty that it is only since 4.0 that I have had this problem, but I think that is the case.

One more note, not on traget here, but I'll go ahead: the conversions of the NYTimes sites are slower than for anything else. Any idea why? radleyp
Quote:
Only that I have had this problem since the final V4.0. The bug appears to occur more frequently with the new beta though.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:09 PM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by radleyp
One more note, not on traget here, but I'll go ahead: the conversions of the NYTimes sites are slower than for anything else. Any idea why? radleyp
Two possibilities:
1. You have a bad link to NYtimes.com. Do 'ping nytimes.com' in your ms window's commandline to find out how quick the response is.

2. nytimes.com has a bandwidth limiter which limits the bandwidth you can simultaneously use with your connection.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:16 PM   #9
iSilo
Developer
iSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it is

There was a known problem with Afterburner in iSilo 3.x and attributed to Afterburner. It could be related and there was no workaround other than turning off Afterburner.

What model PDA do you have and what version of Afterburner are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus

Old 11-18-2003, 01:22 PM   #10
iSilo
Developer
iSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it is

I didn't look at every single page of the document, but looking at several of the pages the issue only occurs with lists. With lists, there is a fixed amount of space given for the marker (e.g., the number or bullet of the list item), so margins are needed to specify exactly how much space should be given. So if you say to ignore all margins, then the additional margin needed to fully display the list item number is also removed, resulting in the number offset to the left. If the document has lists, you should really use "Ignore only left and right margins specified on body, division, and paragraph blocks" instead of "Ignore all margins" so that the margins for list items are kept.

Quote:
Clie N760CD, OS 4.0, iSilo V4.01 B1:

Problem: the document's left margin on the Clie display seems to begin at a minus coordinate, i.e. part of the first letter in the first column is not visible.

In iSiloX, I enabled "ignore all paddings" and "ignore all margins".
Old 11-18-2003, 01:26 PM   #11
iSilo
Developer

Would you be able to post or send the particular .pdb file shown in the screen shots?

Quote:
I have the same problem, on a not overclocked OS 4.x device.

Old 11-18-2003, 02:21 PM   #12
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSilo
If the document has lists, you should really use "Ignore only left and right margins specified on body, division, and paragraph blocks" instead of "Ignore all margins" so that the margins for list items are kept.
I will keep this in mind, thanks for the tip!
Old 11-18-2003, 02:21 PM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSilo
Would you be able to post or send the particular .pdb file shown in the screen shots?
Hi Darren, please check your PM.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:24 AM   #14
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

iSilo V4.01 Beta 2 is out and fixes the problem mentioned above! What else is new since Beta 1:

New Features:
iSilo™ for Palm OS®:
Added support for internal transcoding from UTF-8 to Windows-1252.

Bug Fixes:
All platforms:
- Tiny lossy compressed images may cause a failure to display the image and content that follows the image.

iSilo™ for Palm OS®:
- On the Tungsten T3, using Autoscroll from the Tools menu often does not begin autoscroll.
- When a document with content wider than the screen is opened and the tool bar is hidden, the horizontal scroll bar may fail to display correctly or at all.
- On devices with the five-way navigator with the autoscroll action assigned to either the left or right button, pressing the corresponding button would not start autoscroll.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:26 PM   #15
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Slow scrolling = bug?

http://www.turcic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1188