Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-21-2016, 12:45 PM   #1
KingAuthor
KingAuthor began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cleaning MSo in Sigil

Hi All,

I've been formatting a book in Sigil (and learning Sigil, as well as CSS, as I go), and I have a bunch of these statements in all of my blank spaces:

<p align="center" class="MsoNormal" style="text-align:center;line-height:200%"> </p>

I know they're holdovers from the Word Doc I dropped in Sigil, but can I wipe them out if they have no content? Do I need to have anything in my stylesheets to replace them for the blank areas of my document? Any help would be appreciated.
KingAuthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:11 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
It looks like that is just being used for e.g. scenebreaks.

I use the following generic scenebreak code:

CSS:
Code:
.scenebreak {
  text-align: center;
  text-indent: 0%;
  margin: 1em;
}
HTML:
Code:
<p class="scenebreak">* * *</p>
You can add it as a saved clip, S&R it in place of the current code, etc.

I prefer my scenebreaks to be semantic elements for future-proofing and during conversions.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:20 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I would take the same basic approach eschwartz described.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:29 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
eschwartz stole my (code) clips
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:30 PM   #5
KingAuthor

Thanks. Actually, this is the code defining scene breaks in the main document:

<p align="center" class="MsoNormal" style="text-align:center;line-height:200%">#</p>

Of course, this is the original code from the htm converted document. The code I described above:

<p align="center" class="MsoNormal" style="text-align:center;line-height:200%"> </p>

...is mostly at the end of chapters, or fills out the rest of the page in the front and back sections. I've removed some of them with no noticeable effect to the body, but I wondered if I needed anything after the final line in a section? I'm still developing and testing my stylesheets, but noticed some of the carryover code was taking precedence so I was trying to clean it down a bit before I linked all my CSS to the appropriate sections.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:35 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If all it is doing is leaving a blank line at the end of an HTML file, you can delete it even without replacing it.

@theducks -- parallel evolution.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:48 PM   #7
KingAuthor

:Thanks, eschwartz! That's good to hear...
Old 01-21-2016, 03:29 PM   #8
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
You could give my Word add-in a run. It will give you clean HTML code (instead of the Word nightmare) to work from.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
css, sigil, tags