Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #16
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
it is being worked on by our talented and dedicated developers.
As I am totally unable to offer any practical assistance with that, all I can give is moral support
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #17
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur
ereaderundecided began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
As I am totally unable to offer any practical assistance with that, all I can give is moral support
That won't help unless you pray and sacrifice something to the almightily Kindle god
ereaderundecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #18
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
I'm in the same boat except my 'morals' are rather questionable and therefore will provide dubious support!! (but they're welcome to it!)
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #19
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderundecided View Post
That won't help unless you pray and sacrifice something to the almightily Kindle god
I can bake cakes if that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
I'm in the same boat except my 'morals' are rather questionable and therefore will provide dubious support!! (but they're welcome to it!)
I made a donation in kind to the dev team so, erm, yeah (ok, so it was in the form of my fully working K3)

Last edited by Yolina; 10-16-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #20
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
she did indeed.

And it has spurred me on to start retro-ftting my k5 solutions to the k3.

much appreciated.

Yolina = supporter
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #21
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur
ereaderundecided began at the beginning.

Device: none
Damn, those cupcakes seem to have worked...me want some too, now!
ereaderundecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #22
atm0sphere
atm0sphere can extract oil from cheeseatm0sphere can extract oil from cheeseatm0sphere can extract oil from cheeseatm0sphere can extract oil from cheeseatm0sphere can extract oil from cheeseatm0sphere can extract oil from cheeseatm0sphere can extract oil from cheeseatm0sphere can extract oil from cheese

Device: PW 2013
I would be shocked if this is unjailbreakable for the average person in 3-4 weeks.

that being said, I may be buying a soldering iron and practicing my hand to get to that serial port if it's not. I have lots of experience with unix and some with linux, but none with a soldering gun.
atm0sphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by atm0sphere View Post
I would be shocked if this is unjailbreakable for the average person in 3-4 weeks.
Prepare to be shocked.
This one is not going to be easy.
We taught lab126 too much about what not to do.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #24
atm0sphere
atm0sphere can extract oil from cheeseatm0sphere can extract oil from cheeseatm0sphere can extract oil from cheeseatm0sphere can extract oil from cheeseatm0sphere can extract oil from cheeseatm0sphere can extract oil from cheeseatm0sphere can extract oil from cheeseatm0sphere can extract oil from cheese

Device: PW 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Prepare to be shocked.
that's quite depressing.
atm0sphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #25
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

An end-user jailbreak vector on the Kpw2 may be hard to find, and may take awhile (if it is possible at all).

So for a bit of inspiration:

Yes, I know I have used that clip before, but there are people here who really like it.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #26
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
All I remember from that song is "it goes on and on and on..." - but I am confident the brilliant boys and girls on this forum will crack their whips at the Kindle PW2 and get it to cower down and spill all it's secrets in due time - including a way to add custom fonts - even if it takes some time.
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #27
knc1
Going Viral

Help from Amazon?

Amazon Web Services offers a FREE trial account on their EC2 supercomputer:
http://aws.amazon.com/free/?sc_ichan...sc_icountry=US

This is not a 'small' machine:
http://www.top500.org/system/177457

750 hours / month on that machine could analyze a lot of firmware.
Even if that is "total core time" -
an hour a month on 750 cores -
or
6 minutes a month on 7,500 cores (about 1/2 the machine) -

Hmm...
I do have a password file I would like to 'crack' . . . .
Old 10-25-2013, 05:09 AM   #28
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
knc1 are you suggesting using amazon to try and hack their own hardware?
If so, I like where you're going with your logic.
If not, why not?
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:50 AM   #29
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Omg, this one bundles 3 milions cores O.O:

http://www.top500.org/system/177999

Would make fire and flames in this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_Factoring_Challenge

XD

Last edited by Aeris; 10-25-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #30
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
knc1 are you suggesting using amazon to try and hack their own hardware?
If so, I like where you're going with your logic.
If not, why not?
hmm...
MR has around 300,000 members -
One free account on the EC2 per member (with user/pass shared with developers) -
Times 17,000 cores -

It might be possible to analyze 5.4.0 for security holes.
Just as a favor to Amazon of course.