Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
jfriess128
jfriess128 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Reader
page down to next

I have converted books from mobi to epub using Calibre and am reading them on Android Moon+Reader app using Text to Speech. At the end of every chapter, I get a verbal 'page down to next' somtimes twice and then it appears that it is reading a footer and header before it starts the new chapter text. I can see the 'page down to next' txt in the header of the book alonf with other header info, so the text to speech is just reading it.

Is this a converion issue or option I should sleect or chnage in Calibre or is it just my android reader app?
jfriess128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
You should use search and replace when converting to remove the header.
See sticky at top of this subforum.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote