Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Woot PE alert

woot.com, even cheaper!!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
$119! Gaaaahhhhhh! I PAID TOO MUCH!

I pretty much knew this year would be like this. I figure I'll see at least a dozen tablets that make me want to buy, but I won't until at least next year when this crazy market calms down.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:29 AM   #3
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_of_the_PEs View Post
$119! Gaaaahhhhhh! I PAID TOO MUCH!

I pretty much knew this year would be like this. I figure I'll see at least a dozen tablets that make me want to buy, but I won't until at least next year when this crazy market calms down.
I'm in the same boat, in addition I was going to sell my PE once I got my EE, but there goes the market, I can't even break even
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:18 AM   #4
xtdn20008
xtdn20008 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I want to buy Entourage eDGe,but ebay doesn't worldshipping...........who sell it for me?
xtdn20008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #5
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Sorry for the additional Woot post. We were all madly posting in unison!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:02 AM   #6
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtdn20008 View Post
I want to buy Entourage eDGe,but ebay doesn't worldshipping...........who sell it for me?
Which country are you in? (I'm not selling my edge, but I think people might need to know where you are before they consider selling.)
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #7
thinredline
Connoisseur
thinredline doesn't litterthinredline doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Pocket Edge, Nookd Simple Touch Glowlight, NGP
Bought another two as gifts. Thanks for the alert!
thinredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:07 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
What flavor of Android do these things use; and how is the build quality?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #9
LordFluffy
LordFluffy began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe Dualbook
I have a question for the board. What I would hope to do with this device is read books, listen to mp3's, browse the web/check email, watch youtube videos and play some games. Possibly use the device as a dayplanner.

I'm willing to do light tinkering, but I don't want to have to do a major overhaul to get basic functionality.

With those caveats, is it worth it to take advantage of this offer?
LordFluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #10
dunaybd
dunaybd began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
The new Pocket Edge (PE) come with Android 1.6 (Donut). Although, the upgrade to Android 2.2 exists, I don't think it's being distributed by Entourage anymore. Their user forum is down. I don't think you can even register anymore. Registration is necessary to get the 2.2 download.

If someone knows how to get the Android 2.2 download, please let us know.
dunaybd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #11
dunaybd
dunaybd began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
I found the instructions and download to update the Edge or Pocket Edge to Android 2.2. It is at https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=265
dunaybd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #12
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunaybd View Post
The new Pocket Edge (PE) come with Android 1.6 (Donut). Although, the upgrade to Android 2.2 exists, I don't think it's being distributed by Entourage anymore. Their user forum is down. I don't think you can even register anymore. Registration is necessary to get the 2.2 download.

If someone knows how to get the Android 2.2 download, please let us know.

Check the "enTourage Archive" at the top of this forum for fully archived postings from enTourage's site.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #13
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
New wooters should not be fearful, we have the upgrade file, the downgrade file, and the support info. Plenty to not only get you running, but lots of good support for problems and tweaking. At $120 I bought in for two more because I'm confident in the support here at MR, more confident by far than I was in Entourage's support when I bought my first one.
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #14
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFluffy View Post
I have a question for the board. What I would hope to do with this device is read books, listen to mp3's, browse the web/check email, watch youtube videos and play some games. Possibly use the device as a dayplanner.

I'm willing to do light tinkering, but I don't want to have to do a major overhaul to get basic functionality.

With those caveats, is it worth it to take advantage of this offer?
If you haven't decided already, I would say the PE is a good choice for you, especially at this price! It will do everything you are asking for with no tinkering. It will do them better if you upgrade to the Ermine beta (Android 2.2).

As to build quality, it is a sturdy companion. It is not thin, lightweight, or fragile.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote