Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 04-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
good, it helps to decode when you know what you are looking for
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #17
FCHYEH
FCHYEH began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle and Sony
Hanvon HTXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincar View Post
Hi all-

I'm new to the world of ebook readers.
I just got a Hanvon 518 and can't find anything anywhere about the "HTXT" format -- Can someone throw me a clue?

I'm imagining it's a fast-paging format, because epub and PDF speed is ghastly.
It's not HTML or "hypertext" - it's some sort of packed text format that I can't seem to crack.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Especially in regards to tools for conversion of HTML/TXT to this format.

KC

Hanvon HTXT file is basically TXT file with added security to protect the copyright.
FCHYEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #18
FCHYEH
FCHYEH began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle and Sony
Hanvon HTXT file is basically TXT file with added security to protect the copyright.
FCHYEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #19
mmq
mmq began at the beginning.

Device: Hanvon N516
If it helps, I checked some of the files off my N516 (hong kong version) against the .htxt files that were posted above, and they are byte for byte identical, so it seems like these aren't really tied to the device serial number
mmq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #20
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmq View Post
If it helps, I checked some of the files off my N516 (hong kong version) against the .htxt files that were posted above, and they are byte for byte identical, so it seems like these aren't really tied to the device serial number
Thanks, each time we find out something it adds to the knowledge about this illusive format. Too bad Hanvon is so cryptic about this format. I don't think it helps their cause.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:37 AM   #21
Nathanael
Groupie
Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sibrary G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothlight View Post
it appears that they are encrypted files, somehow tied to the device serial number..... The rest are in English
Were the English texts also in HTXT?

I live in Shanghai, and the Hanvons are everywhere. I bought a 510 last year, that came with over 800 HTXT files. All the books were in Chinese, so I just assumed it was the Chinese equivalent of plaintext (perhaps "Hanyu text").

But now I'm thinking perhaps the H stands for "Hanvon", and it's their own proprietary format. I just today bought a Sibrary G5 (another Chinese company), which also comes with its own proprietary format. Of all the readers I looked at, only the Hanvons seemed to show support for HTXT, lending credence to the theory that it's a Hanvon proprietary format.

I've tried reading the HTXTs as BigFive, GB and Unicode, and letting Firefox attempt to auto-detect, all with no luck. Nor do they seem to be in any sort of compressed format I can discover (ZIP, RAR, 7z, SIT...).

I've noticed every file starts with the same plaintext string; in my case it's "4008108816827866". However, it doesn't seem to be related to my device's key in the HWDeviceID.log mine's "device=OTIyMDEwOTA4MDAwNDU2Nw%3D%3D�Ru&key=DCF77B 4AD9A44CBC586537747ED27001".

I know zilch about encryption so I don't know where to go from here.

--Nathanael
Nathanael is offline   Reply With Quote